Philanthropy Coordinator - Culture Shock Canada
Culture Shock Canada has recently achieved charitable status and is building a dynamic team of professional volunteers to drive revenue growth from philanthropic sources. The Philanthropy Coordinator role will primarily involve performing research to determine potential grants and funding sources available both locally and nationally, create/customize fundraising proposals, draft various types of donor communications, and respond via email or phone to donor queries. This is a great opportunity to give back to your community and/or gain hands on experience in the world of philanthropy working for a grass roots organization.
The Philanthropy Coordinator will work closely with the Board Member–Fundraising, marketing team, and Executive Director.
- Research grants to determine best fit for CSCC programs
- Liaise with program staff/volunteers to gather and compile statistics/content to complete CSCC’s grant proposal templates
- Create, customize, & deploy fundraising proposals to assist with meeting revenue targets
- Fill in online grant applications according to funders guidelines
- Respond to donor queries to maintain engagement
- Research individual and corporate prospects to help build CSCC’s supporter pipeline
- Assist Board of Director-Fundraising and other volunteers/staff with philanthropic and stewardship activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS.
- Demonstrated experience in research and grants writing
- Degree or diploma in a related field preferred
- Familiarity and experience in the non-profit or charitable sector, specifically within the realm of arts and youth is an asset
- Highly self-motivated team player and leader that will take initiative and be able to move projects and busy people forward under ambiguous circumstances
- Demonstrates proof of high professional standards and quality outputs
- Highly creative, organized, flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possesses strong self-awareness, a positive attitude, and good sense of humor
TIMELINE AND COMMITMENT:
- Part time, 1 year commitment including a 3 month provisional period
- 2 to 6 hours per week time commitment depending on workload
Please send the following to email@example.com indicating Philanthropy Coordinator in the subject line: (1) your resume, (2) a cover letter explaining why you’re excited about our work and why you’ll be a great team member.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Culture Shock Canada Youth Programs:
Through structured urban dance-based education and enrichment programs for youth, Culture Shock Canada (CSC) addresses issues of social isolation & self-esteem, and builds relational, teamwork, and leadership skills. These programs provide enriching self-esteem building activities, education in relational, teamwork and leadership skills, as well as a platform for practicing those skills, developing social bonds, and successfully working towards a challenging long-term goal with peers. This contributes to greater resilience; helping youth to reach their full potential.
In both the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa, CSC offers structured, after-school, Hip Hop and urban dance programs for children and youth ages 6-18 in partnership with local community centers, YMCA’s, Boys and Girls Clubs, schools, and other child and youth organizations (Community Partner Organizations). Activities take place on location of the Community Partner Organizations in a safe and positive environment. They are run by qualified adult instructors that have received youth and dance teacher training through CSC.
For more information, please visit our website: www.cultureshockcanada.org