Philanthropy Assistant - Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation
Take a Hike partners with public school districts to engage vulnerable youth in a full-time mental health and emotional well-being program embedded in an alternate education classroom. Take a Hike Foundation engage youth in intensive and continuous clinical counselling, adventure, and community, Public School Districts engage youth in high quality public education, and together we empower vulnerable youth to change the trajectory of their lives.
The Philanthropy Assistant is based at Take a Hike Foundation’s head office in Vancouver, reporting to the Director of Philanthropy & Government Relations.
The role is essential to Take a Hike Foundation’s engagement with its community of donors and the efficient operation of the philanthropy team. The position works closely with the Philanthropy Coordinator, sharing tasks such as recording donations, thanking donors, data administration, and learning the other’s role to provide a seamless donor care.
- Ensure that appropriate thank you letters, and materials are sent in response to annual and community supporters
- Maintain accurate records of all incoming donations, ensuring that incoming communication is recorded on the appropriate donation record and that all donations are correctly coded. Maintain hard copy files of correspondence as appropriate
- Fulfil follow up mailings to donors, working with CRM data, mail merging template letters and coordinating office-based mailings
- Assist with support relevant to mid- and higher-value donors
- Assist with Foundation, peer-to-peer, and third-party events
- Assist with raffle and prize led fundraising as required.
- Coordinate donor stewardship activities for Director of Philanthropy & Government Relations and Manager of Philanthropy
- Share the workload of the Philanthropy Coordinator at peak times, becoming familiar with their areas of work to provide essential support and cover when required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school graduation or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Experience of office work, preferably in a customer facing environment
- High degree of IT literacy, working knowledge of CRM databases an asset
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent standard of written English
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships, with good interpersonal skills especially by email
- Ability to manage a varied and busy workload to sometimes tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work with and support colleagues across the organization
- Previous experience of fundraising an asset
This is a temporary role working 35 hours per week from September 8 until December 4, 2020. The hourly wage is $16.60.
How to Apply:
If this position is of interest to you, please submit your cover letter and resume to Nicole Silvestre, Director of HR at email@example.com by August 7, 2020 at 5pm PST.
Take a Hike values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at Take a Hike means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. BIPOC candidates are encouraged to consider this opportunity.