Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Participation House Markham
Participation House, Markham is a non profit organization and is a leader in enhancing the quality of life of individuals with disabilities through a continuum of services designed to reflect individualized approaches, community involvement and a respect for human dignity.
- Working every other weekend
- Shifts available (Days 7:00am-3:00pm, Evenings 3:00pm-11:00pm, Nights 11:00pm-7:00am)
- Must have availability on weekends and weekdays
- Competitive wages plus any government wage incentive
- Guaranteed hours (minimum 24 hours bi weekly)
- No vehicle/travel required (access to free parking)
- Assist residents/clients with their individual support care needs by carrying out duties and implementing their Support Care Plans.
- Actively participate in and facilitate, as needed, the activities of daily living as outlined in their Individual Support Plan.
- Follow through with residents'/clients' prescribed dietary needs.
- Follow residents prescribed Transfer and Lift program, all lifts are mechanical.
- Ensure residents are secure and safe using their prescribed mobility and mechanical devices.
- Laundry and housekeeping duties as needed.
Personal Support Care Worker (PSW) Certificate and/or a Diploma in a related field (preferred)
- Experience as a Support Worker / RN / RPN
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Previous experience working with developmental and physically disabled persons
- Must Have - Valid First Aid and CPR Training
- Strong written and verbal communication
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.