Personal Support Worker - Confidential Employer
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
South Surrey, BC
$ 20-30 an hour – Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Live in, Live out.
Seeking two (2) or more experienced people to help give a young woman who is wheel chair and ventilator dependent the best quality of life possible. The client is cognitively normal but has limited communicative ability and experiences chronic pain.
- $ 20/hr for training and it will incrementally increase to $ 25/hour; $ 30 available for supervisory position.
- South Surrey/Whiterock, BC
- Monday to Friday, 830 am to 3pm
- Monday to Friday, 3 pm to 930 pm
- Saturday, 830 am to 3 pm
- Sunday, 9 pm to 930 pm
You don’t need to work ALL of these shifts, as we are looking for two or more people. We are flexible with days/shifts.
- Activities of daily living (dressing, toileting, bathing)
- Feeding tube pump use
- Medication preparation and administration
- Ventilator use and procedures
- Tracheostomy suctioning
- Light housekeeping/laundry and equipment cleaning
- Fun activities to keep her motivated
- Caregiving experience
- Willing to undergo inhome training to provide tracheostomy and ventilator care
- Experience using medical equipment and technology
- Attention to detail.
This young woman has a degenerative neuromuscular disease and has been twenty years on a ventilator. The most important part of the job is to give this young woman an amazing life. She loves to do art, listen to music and write stories.
This job is challenging because, although you will have lots of downtime, you will be required to deal with a challenging situation emotionally.
Please send your resume along with a message with some fun ideas you could do with someone with physical limitations.
Attendant care experience an asset but not essential, as training is provided. We are looking for someone who is passionate about giving someone with a disability a wonderful quality of life and be prepared to make a commitment.
2459 142 Street
Surrey, BC V4P 2E9