Personal Support Worker - Bradford - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER - BRADFORD
1 Full Time Contract Position (6 months, Overnight shift)
1 Full Time Contract Position (6 months, Afternoon shift)
The Personal Support Worker provides assistance to address the physical, cognitive, mental health and addiction needs of psycho geriatric clients living within Bradford House. This consists of providing individual support with the personal activities of daily living to facilitate a normalized lifestyle for the client and to assist them in gaining the skills required to live within the supportive housing program and be part of the larger community. Staff are also expected to adhere to a recreational and social program of physical and leisure activities for the clients, which promotes social interaction and enhances their well being and cognitive function. There will be an expectation to actively contribute to the program’s staff team and to adhere to the established routines or protocols of the program including emergency, security, medication, fire and general health and safety practices.
Note: In addition, all positions may be required to work days, evening, overnights and weekend shifts as we are a 24 hour supportive housing assisted living site. Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a post secondary education in Human Services (i.e. Personal Support Worker Certificate, Registered Practical Nurse Certificate);
- Experience with vulnerable, older adults and seniors with serious mental illness, cognitive and addiction challenges who have been longer term hospital patients;
- Knowledge and proven experience working with clients in a PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) approach;
- Ability to organize and work with individuals and groups in the areas of assessment, problem solving and crisis management;
- Ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner;
- Physically able to perform demanding body mechanics (i.e. lifting, transferring, etc.);
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Good oral and written skills; excellent computer skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Will need full access to a vehicle to travel, the ability to drive the program van;
- Ability to communicate in a different language, an asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: October 20, 2019, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE: “PSW - BRADFORD” in the subject line of any emails.