People & Culture Coordinator - David Suzuki Foundation
Join the largest environmental organization in Canada and become an agent of change!
About the David Suzuki Foundation
We find solutions for living within the limits of nature. Through a combination of sound science and active public engagement, we seek to motivate Canadians to take action on the environmental challenges we collectively face. Our Foundation is an independent charity, supported by over 30,000 donors from across Canada and abroad. With headquarters in Vancouver and offices in Toronto & Montreal, we address issues from coast to coast to coast, in both official languages. With the support of scientists, academics, progressive businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations and tens of thousands of Canadian, we aim to achieve this vision: That within a generation, Canadians act on the understanding that we are interconnected and interdependent with nature, and with each other.
You can learn more about us at www.davidsuzuki.org
The David Suzuki Foundation hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equality & diversity within its community and to a welcoming & inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations & genders and others with the skills & knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Position Title: People & Culture Coordinator
Location: Based at our Vancouver Office
Reporting to: Director, People & Culture
Salary: Based on experience
Join our dynamic and purpose-driven People & Culture Department, where you will be able to put your Human Resources skills and knowledge at play. At The David Suzuki Foundation, we are a group of exceptionally talented, bright and passionate people working at making a real difference in the world. We are looking for an organized self-starter to join our team of 3 as the People & Culture Coordinator.
Responsibilities: The People & Culture Coordinator is a hands-on role that provides Human Resources support to our 3 offices across Canada. As the face of People & Culture, you will be executing our people initiatives, providing great internal employee support and driving HR functional excellence & process improvement.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Assist at all stages of the recruitment process
- Update job descriptions, job postings and organizational chart
- Develop Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure data integrity in HRIS (Rise/Hub) system
- Daily maintenance of HRIS system, including updating employee / company information, monitoring vacation / statutory holiday entries, etc.
- Run and distribute reports as needed
Payroll and Benefits:
- Provide frequent customer service regarding payroll and benefits questions
- Benefits administration
- Complete and distribute reports as needed
- Organize all HR department records & employment files and maintain operation of office equipment
- Develop and maintain HR spreadsheets
- Coordinate and participate in various People and Culture related committees
- Other duties as requested
Health and Safety:
- Assist with the development and administration of Health and Safety programs
- Conduct safety inspections, including the maintenance of accident records
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Previous experience in a busy administration role, ideally within a HR function
- Strong experience with MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits and employee issues
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills. Must display patience, sense of humor and helpfulness at all times
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills. Accuracy is essential
Even better if you have / are:
- CHRP designation
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Workers' Compensation Act, Occupational Health and other employment legislations of BC, Ontario and Quebec
- Bilingual (French / English)
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience
Please submit your cover letter and your resume online by going to https://www.smartrecruiters.com/DavidSuzukiFoundation/743999691112272-people-culture-coordinator. The position will remain open until filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. We recognize the importance of a diversified workforce, and we encourage women, First Nations, Inuit & Metis candidates, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.