Payroll Specialist - SSCH
The position is key in the administration of salaried and hourly payroll and regular and supplemental payments and benefits per the collective agreement, and relevant employment legislation. Working closely with HR and management, this role acts as the main specialist for the TNG ADP payroll system. The position also provides financial and administrative support to the Finance Director and Finance Manager to ensure effective, efficient and accurate management of TNG’s payroll, financial records and reporting.
A. Service Responsibilities:
- Complete salaried and hourly payroll functions in order to ensure staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll according to established rules and practices of the work group
- Consult and liaise with HR on specific employee issues and data. Works with HR to develop efficient procedures related to shared payroll/HR data.
- Set up, review and monitor hourly paid employee timecards for appropriate entries; coordinate and enter changes as per change form, and update from managers
- Calculate salaries, cost of living retro pay, bonus payments, salaries adjustments
- Distribute pay cheques or enable staff access to “Total Access” electronic pay statement
- Establish and track payments and remit payroll deductions of all garnishments, union dues, pension contributions and other special deductions
- Monitor submissions of approved time cards, ensure valid data transfers from EZLabour to pay@work
- Maintain and document all payroll records, prepare payroll journal and reconcile general ledger with regard to payroll transactions
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Prepare payroll related reports, process employee documentation for rehires, layoff, terminations, and second jobs
- Issue ROE’s through ADP or Service Canada website, verify, sort and distribute payroll statements, T4’s and T4A’s
- Prepare and file T4, T4A summary to Canada Revenue Agency and EHT annual returns to the Ministry of Finance
- Establish and maintain confidential employee files
- Liaise with ADP, Service Canada, Canada Revenue Agency and other agencies
- Create excel template and import data of LTD premium, group health benefits and TNG pension plan
- Prepare journals for payroll reconciliation purposes on a monthly basis
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Accounting Diploma, plus minimum 3 years of practical experience with ADP
- Canada’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certificate (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience using ADP payroll solutions (Pay@work/people@work/ ezlabor)
- Knowledge and experience of Ultipro payroll solution will be an asset
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with earnings codes, security groups, generating data reports and ensuring the smooth systematic operation of the payroll process
- Effective communication, organizational and time management skills required
- Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines
- Recent excellent customer service skill. Ability to work with, respond to and guide managers on use of ezlabor, and associated rules and parameters for timecard entry and approval
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Working knowledge of payroll requirements of Canada Revenue Agency and Employment Standards Act
- Experience in the revenue and expense nature of non- profit organizations is an asset
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
TNG is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve.
TNG is committed to diversity, equity and accessibility in accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) will make every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of hiring process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those interested will be selected.