Payroll & Benefits Coordinator - Arts Club Theatre Company
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Systems, the part-time Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for receiving, reviewing and processing payroll transactions and reconciliations.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of full-cycle payroll processes, extensive experience with Excel, possess good judgement and a high attention to detail as well the ability to effectively and clearly communicate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Issues weekly payroll, including inputting manual timesheets and entering employee information into payroll system
- Administers terminations and issues records of employment
- Administers union deductions and remittances as well as benefits changes and updates
- Handles enquires from employees, government agencies and other organizations regarding employee work history and earnings information
- Responsible for filing documents and show information
- Creates and maintains documentation for processes associated with the position
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of progressive payroll and benefits experience in a unionized environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) with adaptability to learn new applications
- Completion of the Canadian Payroll Association's Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)
- Experience working with Easypay would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of general ledger entries
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive information
- Skilled at maintaining sustained attention to detail
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input data into spreadsheets and accounting software
- Ability to analyze information, resolve problems and communicate resolutions
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with employees and managers
Salary: $23 per hour
Employment Type: Part Time – Payroll run days are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday – the successful candidate will be required to work all three days.
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org