Payroll and Financial Accountant - GVCSS-S218649
This is an amazing opportunity to gain experience in one of the largest non-profit organizations in the Lower Mainland. GREATER VANCOUVER COMMUNITY SERVICES SOCIETY is a non-profit, multi-service organization providing home support and residential care to the elderly and persons with disabilities. The Payroll and Financial Accountant is a Full Time Position and plays an integral part of the finance Team by providing support in a wide range of areas.
- Prepare payroll in a union environment in accordance with collective bargaining agreements
- Prepare statutory remittances and reporting, including Receiver General, Worksafe, Municipal Pension Plan and Extended Health Benefits
- Reconcile and prepare T4s, and process ROEs
- Prepare reconciliations of payroll accounts in the general ledger monthly
- Check, code, input and process accounts payable and accounts receivable, including recording and posting invoices, entering manual cheques, records of deposit, and related journal entries
- Prepare cash/cheque deposits and reconciles accounts to GL
- Reconcile accounts and assist in the month-end close, including preparation of working papers and completion of internal financial statements for CFO review
- Monitor petty cash management
- Complete other duties as required to support the CFO
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with an accounting concentration or the equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years payroll, financial and general accounting experience
- Experience with Comvida EMS and Comvida payroll is preferred
- Experience with Adagio accounting system is an asset
- Proven ability to perform assigned functions with diligence and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Intermediate Excel skills including vlook-up and pivot tables, proficient in Word and Outlook
- Ability to meet deadlines and to be a team player
- Must be able to work independently and to be easily adaptable to changing work environment
If this challenging opportunity interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter by August 7, 2020, online at https://www.gvcss.bc.ca/jobapp.htm.
For more information about our organization, please refer to our website: www.gvcss.bc.ca. GVCSS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you in advance for your application but only qualified candidates will be contacted.