Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator - Yorktown Family Services
Job Title: Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator
Competition #: 2019-11
Start Date: April 2019- March 2020 (Temporary Part-Time position (21hrs./wk./FTE 0.60)
Location: Head Office- 2010 Eglinton Avenue West
Yorktown Family Services provides a comprehensive range of mental health services for children, youth and families who are experiencing serious emotional/social/behavioural difficulties along with several gender based violence initiatives. Yorktown is committed to ensuring that all programs produce effective and positive outcomes for clients through evaluation, research and the incorporation of evidence-based services and practices whenever possible. We are committed to inclusiveness and diversity at all levels of the organization.
We are currently seeking a Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator to join our dynamic team of professionals.
- Process bi-weekly unionized and non-unionized payroll including allocation spreadsheets and ACCPAC journal entries
- Generate relevant payroll reports for approval, balancing, auditing and reporting purposes
- Calculate, balance and submit payroll remittances accurately and promptly i.e. union dues, EHT, WSIB, RRSP, garnishee, United Way donations, health benefits etc.
- Respond to payroll enquiries
- Calculate taxable benefits
- Assist with annual T4 balancing and reconciliation
- Coordinate with Management Bargaining Team including but not limited to development of Management proposals and participating in negotiations as part of the Management Bargaining Committee and tracking issues during the course of each Collective Agreement.
- Coordinate grievances including overseeing the investigation of all grievances and taking an active part of the third stage meetings.
- Maintain filing systems both paper and electronically
- Maintain and safeguard confidential records and files
Accounts Payable and General Accounting
- Responsible for all A/P functions: prepare cheque requisitions, obtain approval, match and record invoices, respond to vendor enquiries, process weekly cheque runs, maintain vendor files
- Ensure staff monthly expense reports are received on time, approved, and are accurately and promptly processed for payment
- Reconciliation of relevant sub ledgers and GL accounts
- Support Accounts Receivable with preparation of monthly invoices
- Process monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in coordination of annual fundraising event
- Prepare, document and make weekly bank deposits, or more frequently as required
- Calculate and enter recurring general ledger transactions and allocations
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration with annual budget, quarterly reports, audit preparation files and ad hoc reports
- Other duties as required including administrative support
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary education with knowledge of administrative/financial management field
- Training and minimum two years’ experience with ADP Workforce Now and payroll administration
- Three years related experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Superior computer skills (Excel/ Word/Internet)
- Proficiency with ACCPAC
- Must be a team player willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to exercise judgement in order to evaluate what decisions are embedded in the role
- Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills, ensuring that staff and colleagues feel helped after each interaction
- Must have the highest degree of integrity dealing with highly confidential information
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent requests
- Must have the ability to work productively both independently and as a team member
Reports to the Director of Finance and Administration
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 416-394-2689 by March 22, 2019. Please quote “Competition #: 2019-11” and Job title in the subject line.
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.