Part Time Personal Support Worker - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
PART TIME PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
To attend to the physical, cognitive, mental health and social/recreational needs of eligible residents living at a LOFT Community Services Program in a way that enhances their dignity and personal empowerment, by:
- Assisting clients with various activities associated with daily living such as: laundry, grooming, personal hygiene, ambulation, toileting, meal preparation, feeding as needed, and shopping.
- Performing light housekeeping: making beds, dusting, sweeping and keeping clients living space clean and orderly. Note: May be exposed to second hand smoke while in residents unit.
- Escorting clients to appointments, visiting friends or participating in other social activities within the community, providing social support and facilitating interests in hobbies and recreational activities.
- Identifying changes in appearance/behaviours, reporting physical and mental health concerns, suicide ideation, unusual or exceptional occurrences and behaviours.
- Participation in service planning and development of personal goals for clients.
- Providing support with behaviours arising from cognitive issues, intervening in conflicts between clients, and contacting appropriate emergency services in crisis situations.
- Maintaining all records of service (CIS) and ensuring supplies and equipment are readily available.
- 2 person transfers with the use of a hoyer lift, as well as in bed transfers/repositioning.
- Completion of a post secondary education in Human Services (i.e. Personal Support Worker Certificate, Registered Practical Nurse Certificate);
- Experience with vulnerable, older adults and seniors with serious mental illness, cognitive and addiction challenges who have been longer term hospital patients;
- Knowledge and proven experience working with clients in a PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) approach;
- Knowledge of social services and community services for seniors
- Knowledge of and experience in delivering direct services in accordance with psychosocial ‘recovery’ principles
- Ability to organize and work with individuals and groups in the areas of assessment, problem solving and crisis management; Ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner
- Physically able to perform demanding body mechanics (i.e. lifting, transferring, hoyer, etc.)
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Good oral and written skills; excellent computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in Portuguese is an asset
TO APPLY: Send your Resume and Cover letter to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: April 30 by 5:00 pm
PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS