Part-Time Payroll Administrator - Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
Ever wanted to change the world for the better? We do too! Every day, our staff works towards SCIO’s vision of making Ontario a more accessible and inclusive community. We believe in the power of choice, for all, and we want to change the way the world sees people with disabilities. Our founders envisioned a better, healthier, more inclusive life for people with spinal cord injury and set out to make it so. We are honoured to carry forth that tradition every day in Ontario, as we work for and with people with SCI to live the life they choose.
As a member of the Finance team, the part-time Payroll Administrator will ensure the timely processing of payroll for all salaried staff and maintain accurate records in compliance with organizational requirements and government legislation. We are currently looking for an individual to work 3-days per week (Payroll week - M, Tu, W and Off payroll week - W, Thu, F). This position is based out of the provincial office; however, currently this position allows the flexibility to shift to the use of available remote and telework options.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, you will:
- Prepare and transmit a bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried staff; including payment for wages, premiums, statutory holidays, vacation pay, and required deductions
- Prepares monthly benefits and pension reconciliations and submissions
- Ensure all new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions are processed in a timely and accurate manner as per policies and procedures
- Act as first point of contact and a resource to all staff on payroll related matters
- Run statistical reports, as required
- Process, reconcile and analyse payroll monthly, quarterly and/or annually against Finance data or other supporting documentation (ie. - parking, garnishees, ROEs, external audit requested reconciliations, etc.) and prepare provincial government and other regulatory reports (ie. - T4, T4A, T2200, WSIB premiums, EHT, pension etc.); prepare required entries to update Finance data (ie. – year end statutory reports)
- Prepares/analyzes all payrolls and monthly payroll accrual analysis, restructuring payroll adjustments related to journal entries, staff sharing, and FTE calculation,
- Support data integrity in the payroll system by running queries and analyzing data; ensure ongoing data validation and audit reports
- Perform various analyses as required to support HR’s programs
- Work with HR in the development and evaluation of the effectiveness of payroll related processes
- Provide additional support, as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Certificate in Payroll Administration
- Obtained or pursuing Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation from the Canadian Payroll Association, an asset
- ADP Workforce Now recent experience a definite requirement, with minimum 3 years experience in payroll administration
- Proven knowledge and demonstrated application of the Ontario Employment Standards Act and Ontario payroll legislation
- Superior analytical, organizational and time management skills, adaptable to changing priorities, deadlines and procedures, and exceptional attention to detail
- Highest degree of integrity and ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Strong customer service orientation
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with excellent time-management and prioritization skills, who can support a team-oriented environment. Given the essence of Spinal Cord Injury Ontario, lived spinal cord injury experience will always be considered an important criterion among the criteria that are part of any given search. SCI Ontario is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to achieving accessibility in employment for persons with disabilities, while ensuring inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.
Reasonable and appropriate accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process upon request and addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Upon request, this position will require a Police Record Check and credentials verification. If you would like to make a meaningful contribution to your community and join our team, please forward your resume and corresponding cover letter, with salary expectations, in confidence by July 31, 2020 to: Human Resources, SCI Ontario, 520 Sutherland Drive, Toronto, ON M4G 3V9, Fax: 416-645-3265, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.