PART TIME DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL- OVERNIGHTS - Community Living Ajax-Pickering and Whitby
The DSP is responsible for assisting adults to maintain a lifestyle of choice with respect and dignity utilizing the specifications of each person’s individual plan; as interpreted by the Manager involved with the person.
Provide a home-like environment for supported individual, ensuring that their rights are maintained and respected:
- DSW Diploma or equivalent degree or equivalency
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Association.
- Ability to support people in an individualized way using community resources.
- Consultation with Community Supports.
- Proven ability to access and work with professionals, health services and other agencies.
- Proven maturity, flexibility and initiative.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and counselling skills.
- High level of independence and decision making.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, budgetary and report writing skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team, independently, and to provide leadership.
- Proven ability to support and facilitate individual relationships.
- Available to work shift work, including weekends.
- Minimum of three years’ experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities, complex needs, dual diagnosis, and high behavioural needs to work, live, travel and recreate in integrated community settings.
- Experience supporting persons with Prader Willi is preferred
- Commitment to and experience with non-authoritarian, mutually respectful and interdependent approaches to supporting people.
- Experience in supporting individuals with dual diagnosis, and behavioural needs in the community.
- Valid certificate and demonstrated proficiency in First-Aid, CPR, and Safe Management;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Recent Criminal Reference Check.
APPLY TO: Wendy Holliday, Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Living Ajax-Pickering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If selected for an interview and require any accommodations, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 427-3300 Ext. 239