Part Time Community Support Worker - NABORS -Neighbours Allied for Better Opportunities in Residential Support
NABORS is an organization of people who want the world to be a place where all people, including people with disabilities, can live in inclusive community. We are dedicated to supporting people with physical and developmental disabilities to have rich and full lives in community and have control over their lives.
NABORS is a community of people living with a disability in Toronto and our circles of support. Our circles of support are made up of our friends and families who freely give their time to assist us to make informed decisions, act on choices, manage our paid supports and feel safe. Members are supported to live in the homes of our choice and be fully included in the community
This job posting is located in Scarborough, and will have shifts 9 am to 6 pm on Wednesdays (potentially) and Fridays.
The Community Support Worker provides support by:
- Assisting the member to create a home where he/she has maximum control over his/her environment, his/her activities, and his/her associations; where he / she can feel safe and secure; where he /she can welcome friends and family
- Supporting the member with prompts for day to day home tasks, including meal prep together
- Assisting and supporting member with online engagement with friends, families and activities
- Assisting in relationship building by the development of and support to natural relationships within the member’s family, friends, and community
- Assisting with the finding of, and participation in, valued roles for the member within his / her home and community life
- Assisting the supported member in pursuing his/her goals with the assistance of the support circle
- Energetic, enthusiastic support approach
- Enjoy adventures in the city
- Good initiative and ability to work independently
- Creative curiosity, if you have ever been described as having an engaging and interesting personality
- ASD experience (encouraged but not required)
- Driver's license and access to car (encouraged, but not required)
The hiring is conditional upon clearing a Vulnerable Sector Police check. Emergency First Aid & CPR will be required.
The job pay starts at 19.00 an hour
NABORS is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations during the hiring process can be made available to applicants who make their accommodation needs known in advance. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.