Part Time ABA Developmental Service Workers - Geneva Centre for Autism
Part Time ABA Developmental Service Workers
5 positions - 10 month Contract
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). All of our clinical services are supported by a multi-disciplinary team of trained, experienced and empathic professionals including speech-language pathologists, behaviour analysts, therapists, early childhood educators, occupational therapists, developmental paediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. In addition, our staffing team is supported by a Professional Advisory Council which is composed of world-renowned clinicians, blending their expertise with ours. Consequently, Geneva Centre for Autism is able to provide the highest quality of clinical service to our clients.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Adult Services, The ABA Developmental Service Worker works directly with adults with an ASD and complex needs in a group day program setting. ABA Developmental Service Workers deliver skill building and behaviour support programs to assist with successful community inclusion.
- Implement individualized and group programs
- Provide training on ABA strategies, individualized programs, safety plans and behaviour protocols to students, new staff and parents
- Assist with development of program in conjunction with Behaviour Therapist
- Implement, review and suggest program revisions as necessary
- Monitor and document client goal achievement
- Facilitate community outings with clients such as walks, grocery shopping, volunteering
- Provide activities of daily living support to clients as needed (toileting support, feeding support, etc.)
- Prepare and complete data sheets, program materials, communication books, medication binders and CYSIS updates
- Provide information to parents or other guardians as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Recognized University/College education in a relevant discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience providing direct support to youth or adults with disabilities/complex needs
- Experience with the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and crisis management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Starting Salary: ($23.78/hour +4% vacation pay)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to:
Please quote Job #18.19
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.