Packaging Support Volunteer - Crohn's and Colitis Canada
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada promises to find the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improve the lives of children and adults affected by these chronic diseases. Volunteers are key team members who help us deliver on this promise to every Canadian who is impacted by these devastating chronic diseases.
Are you the right fit to join our team as a Packaging Support Volunteer?
Duties will involve:
- Sorting, packaging and preparing to mail out:
Accessibility: This role will require sitting for extended periods of time, light (less than 15 pounds) of lifting and repetitive tasks, for example adhering labels. We will provide volunteers with all materials and training for their shift.
Location: This volunteer opportunity will take place at our office at 60 St. Clair East, Suite 600. This is conveniently located around the corner from the St. Clair and Yonge TTC station.
Health and Safety Precautions: As everyone's health and safety is our top priority and in compliance with the City of Toronto By-Law (541-2020), masks or face covering will be required while in our offices. We will communicate additional protocols in advance of assigned shifts. We also ask if anyone is sick, has travelled internationally in the last 14 days or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please refrain from coming to our office.
Time Commitment: Flexible 3hrs to full day shifts, between 10am - 4pm Monday – Sunday, depending on volunteer availability and daily packaging requirements. The first series of shifts have been scheduled between Thursday August 6th through to Tuesday August 11th. Volunteers will be able to sign-up for the shifts that work for their schedule.
What you bring:
- Team player attitude
- Willingness to help out with tasks as outlined
- Reliability and commitment to attending registered shift
What we offer:
- A community of support, a dedicated staff partner, team of peers and role-specific training
- An opportunity to use and grow professional skills, expand your network
- A hands-on chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of people living with Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis in your community