P/T Bookkeeping Contract - Eastside Family Place
Eastside Family Place Society (ESFP)– P/T Bookkeeping Contract
ESFP is seeking a tech savvy bookkeeping professional who is willing to work from home. We are a small Family Resource Centre in the eastside of Vancouver that supports families and children 0-6. You are a local detail-oriented professional who possesses an excellent understanding of charitable non-profits, Gaming protocol, and QuickBooks online (QBO) accounting. Job Description:
The ESFP Bookkeeper will be contracted to manage a transition from our current accounting system to QuickBooks Online (QBO), and following that, provide monthly bookkeeping services. This will be done ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, society policies, and external audits. As there will be an external engagement review with a reputed firm conducted annually, this position will instead focus on preparation of reports in support of monthly financial statements.
1. Maintenance of a complete set of accounting records in accordance with acceptable accounting practices.
2. Entry of expense invoices and processing payments on behalf of the organization.
3. Entry of transactions for manual cheques prepared by the organization.
4. Input and reconciliation of all banking transactions.
5. General ledger entries for all transactions, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
6. Processing monthly entries of revenues to accounts on an accrual basis based on information provided by the organization.
7. Bi-weekly payroll processing using Payworks.ca (with potential to move to QuickBooks payroll)
8. Attend two board meetings per year to respond to questions as needed.
Services include compilation of the following documents and reports: • Monthly financial statements for management • Monthly financial statements for board • General ledger transactions monthly print outs • Monthly bank reconciliation statements • Annual Gaming report due 90 days after end of the fiscal year • Year-end statement of financial position and statement of operations with a separate detailed Gaming report • Such other financial reports as may be requested by management Government Mandatories: • GST recoverable semiannual return • WCB quarterly and annual returns • Annual Registered Charity Information Return
Documents provided by ESFP:
1. Approved cheque requests and supporting vendor invoices for processing of cheques
2. For manually issued cheques – cheque stubs and accompanying invoices paid each month
3. All business bank statements and deposit slips
4. Timesheets / time summaries for each employee
5. Such other information as may be required to carry out the functions listed above.
Commencement of Services: System set-up with QuickBooks (QBO) September 1-30, 2020 to include data-entry of transactions from April 2020; regular bookkeeping services to begin on Oct. 1, 2020. Remuneration: $575 per month Volume: Annual Revenue under $500,000; permanent staff of seven; an average of 50-60 banking transactions per month.
Statement of Interest and References:
Applicants should send a statement of interest that provides an overview of relevant experience and background to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23, 2020.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to interview the week of August 24 (depending on current COIVD restrictions, this may be conducted online) and asked for three references that can vouch for criteria that includes confirmation of professionalism, and a high level of technical and practical familiarity related to charitable non-profits, Gaming protocol, and QuickBooks (QBO) accounting.