Overnight Worker - W - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
OVERNIGHT WORKER - W
1 Year Part Time Contract Position (Saturdays - Mondays, 11:15 pm – 9:15 am)
The Overnight Worker provides a variety of functions that support the physical, social and mental well being of the residents. The individual must work as part of a team and communicate information effectively to other staff. This person will also be required to monitor the activities of the residents, assess potential crisis situations, provide basic maintenance and cleaning to the house, supervise the property and keep an up-to-date inventory of supplies. This person is also responsible for facilitating the overall operation of the house in an effective manner consistent with the principles and objectives as outlined in the Wilkinson Housing and Support Services program manual and in accordance with the procedures and philosophies of LOFT Community Services.
- Completion of, or working towards, a diploma/degree in Human Services (or equivalent) with at least two years related experience in providing personal support to vulnerable adults with special needs including cognitive impairments and/or mental health issues;
- Ability to organize activities and work with individuals and groups in the areas of assessment, problem solving and crisis management;
- Good understanding of the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities while respecting their autonomy and individuality;
- Crisis intervention/prevention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities;
- Counselling and responding skills with the ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner, and facilitate resident empowerment;
- Physical ability to meet job demands (i.e. cleaning tasks, moving furniture, etc.);
- Medium or higher computer literacy level (i.e. logging daily notes, responding to emails in timely manner, providing written notice to tenants);
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Must be available for weekday/weekend overnight shifts;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English, fluency in a second language is an asset;
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: September 14, 2019
PLEASE INCLUDE: “OVERNIGHT WORKER - W” in the subject line of any emails.