Overnight Worker - SG - LOFT Community Services
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring an Overnight Worker.
The Overnight Worker provides a variety of functions to support the physical, social and mental well being of the residents. The individual must work as part of a team and communicate information effectively to other staff. This person will also be required to monitor the activities of the residents, assess potential crisis situations, provide basic maintenance and cleaning to the house, supervise the property and keep an up-to-date inventory of supplies.
Note: Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a post secondary education in Human Services or equivalent and experience working with adults with special needs, cognitive impairments and/or mental health issues;
- Ability to interact with residents in a positive and supportive manner and to facilitate their empowerment;
- Counselling and responding skills, excellent crisis intervention and prevention skills;
- Ability to organize activities and work with individuals or groups in the areas of
- assessment, problem solving and crisis management;
- Physical ability to meet job demands (i.e. cleaning tasks, moving furniture, etc.);
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment;
- Good oral and written skills in English, fluency in a second language is an asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “OVERNIGHT WORKER – SG” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2020