Overnight Attendant - Hope Place Centres
This part-time position is an awake overnight position, providing primary support to our female clients using a client-centred, anti-oppression, trauma-informed approach. Duties include supporting clients, facility maintenance, cleaning and administrative duties.
We are currently under a Single-Employer Emergency Order for congregate care settings and as such candidates selected for employment must commit to work with Hope Place Centres exclusively upon hired until the aforementioned order is lifted.
- Providing supervision to clients during the night time hours, including but not limited to hourly bed checks and walkabouts within the house.
- Implementing Personal Support Plans and Behavioural Support Plans for residents that provide safe, individualized, meaningful and professional care while following CWSDS's policies and procedures.
- Ensuring safety and security of individuals.
- Completing household duties such as laundry, cleaning, inventory control, data entry
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- All other duties as assigned
- Degree/diploma from a recognized post-secondary education program or an equivalent combination of training and ‘lived experience’.
- Must have experience in an addiction treatment or related social service setting.
- 1+ year(s) experience working in social services field, with specific experience working with adults who have addictions
- Experience with supportive conversation and trauma-informed care
- Standard First Aid; CPR-C with AED
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance (original required)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (required by end of probation)
- ASIST (required by end of probation)
- Ability to work productively within a team setting and also independently
- Ability to work with limited direct day-to-day supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Literacy in Word, Outlook, Windows
- The ability to work professionally within a team, respecting the input of other support providers, families, volunteers and community members.
- A commitment to a value based approach to supporting people.
- Dependable and the ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions in the absence of an on-site Manager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We strive to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HPC is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.