Organizer-Kelowna - Okanagan College Students' Union
Okanagan College Students' Union, Local 1 of the British Columbia Federation of Students
Any interested person should notify the Executive Director no later than April 26 by 9am.
The Okanagan College Students' Union seeks an Organizer to be based in Kelowna to assist with the coordination of the Union’s work.
This is a full time 14-month position with possibility for extension. Average of 40 hours per week, with some flexibility required. Rate of compensation is $23 per hour. Start date will be immediate.
Responsibilities: The Organizer-Kelowna shall undertake duties as directed by the Okanagan College Students’ Union Executive Director. Duties may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Coordinating OCSU membership outreach initiatives,
- Promotion of OCSU member services,
- Engaging in general office work, collaborating with OCSU staff,
- Event planning, coordination and execution,
- Liaising with the college and other coalition partners,
- Assisting with the production of campaign materials and documents,
- Assisting with the work of the Kelowna Campus council, & Board of Directors,
- Minute taking of meetings, preparation of reports,
- Some evenings and weekend work required,
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Knowledge of the aims and issues facing the student movement in BC & Canada,
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma,
- Experience in managing social media accounts,
- Ability to work independently,
- Willingness to travel, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
- Experience in event planning and coordination.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on April 26
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Okanagan College Students' Union is an employment equity employer; applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, queer people, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities and women. Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience working in an advocacy role with student/not-for-profit organizations.