Organizational Consultant - Vantage Point
At Vantage Point, we convene, connect, and equip leaders to lift the organizational capacity of not-for-profit and charitable organizations. We lead by example, growing as a living laboratory that shares and practices a spirit of abundance by focusing on strengths and opportunities. We provide high quality, practical education, facilitation, and consulting support to BC’s not-for-profit and charitable sector
The Organizational Consultant is a key member of the delivery team in the provision of consulting services to Vantage Point clients in the areas of not-for-profit governance, planning, and organizational development. Working with other team members, the Organizational Consultant ensures the organization is meeting its consulting targets to identify, scope, manage and deliver a variety of consulting engagements rooted in strengthening organizational capacity, leadership, board governance, strategic planning, and people management.
Vantage Point is eager to support BIPOC (Biracial, Indigenous and People of Colour) and queer community leaders in this role and are open to considering candidates with a range of work experience. The successful candidate will be someone with:
- Proven experience, education, and commitment to the not-for-profit sector
- Solid familiarity with the unique nature of not-for-profit governance
- Proven facilitation skills
- Willingness to help not-for-profit organizations in BC thrive
Vantage Point would be excited to welcome anyone with knowledge and enthusiasm for challenging colonial practices in not-for-profit management and governance and building solutions to challenging issues facing the sector.
Consulting and Facilitation
- As Lead Consultant responsible for consulting engagement, complete project deliverables, which may include undertaking research, conducting organizational assessments, governance assessment and reviews, stakeholder interviews, and group facilitation with not-for-profit clients;
- Prepare for and facilitate strategic planning engagements with not-for-profit clients;
- Evaluate deliverables and efficiently manage project timelines, navigating changes to project scope as needed; and,
- Facilitate training sessions and workshops for senior executives and board members from not-for-profit organizations on a variety of topics including capacity building, leadership, team building, board governance, strategic planning, and more.
- Identify and obtain consulting projects through proactive research, community outreach, and relationship building, and developing new or deepening existing relationships with not-for-profit organizations;
- Be the first point of contact for some clients (in conjunction with the Client Relations Coordinator) to move forward to proposal stage, leading project scoping meetings with not-for-profit senior staff and/or board leadership;
- Write and submit proposals that lead to contracts for services; and
- Effectively communicate to prospective clients, Vantage Point members and not-for-profits in BC the range of our services to ensure we are engaging them in all Vantage Point has to offer.
- Ensure client expectations are met and, whenever possible exceeded, in terms of quality of service delivered;
- Work with consulting and delivery team to develop and track key performance indicators related to this work;
- Support Knowledge Philanthropists (expert volunteers) and broker positive relationships between them, clients and Vantage Point;
- Identify opportunities for clients to receive supports and services from Vantage Point beyond consulting by directing them to other team members as appropriate; and,
- Provide feedback to project team members, both paid staff, VP Associates (partner independent contractors) and Knowledge Philanthropists.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- 2+ years in a client facing role
- 5+ experience with the not-for-profit environment, including direct involvement with a Board of Directors
- Aptitude for scoping engagements through skillful inquiry to truly understand and assess customer requirements
- Confidence and skill in group facilitation
- Ability to draft clear and compelling written proposals and present ideas in an interesting and organized manner
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Solid organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- A highly collaborative work ethic
- Personal commitment to ongoing learning and delivering work with excellence
- Strategic thinker with ability to identify and develop new consulting business opportunities
- High aptitude for technology, including Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint), E-Learning Software (eg. Zoom) and CRMs (eg. Salesforce)
- Commitment to the 5 Principles of Vantage Point and the mutually identified Staff Team Values.
Report to: Associate Executive Director
- Engagement Manager
- Client Relations Coordinator
- Consulting staff members (Executive Director, Consulting Manager, Learning Manager etc)
- VP Associates
- Knowledge Philanthropists
This is a full-time position (35 hours/weekly) with extended health benefits and excellent pension plan (eligibility according to plans) and flexible work weeks. The position is in the Consultant range according to our People Policies which is $60-90K depending on experience. Vantage Point’s offices are located in downtown Vancouver, with all staff members working virtually through the pandemic. Permanent work location for this position, within BC, is negotiable.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Mon, Aug 3. First-round, virtual interviews are expected to take place on Thurs, Aug 6 - Fri, Aug 7, 2020.