Operations and Communications Coordinator - Waltons Trust
The Waltons Trust is a newly formed Canadian grantmaking organization that seeks to make a significant and deep impact across Canada over the next 11 years. Our granting areas of focus are Seniors, Early Childhood Education, and Environment.
We are looking for an Operations and Communications Coordinator to provide operations and communications support across the organization. The ideal candidate will be interested in handling a wide range of general business, financial, and internal communication tasks. No two days will be quite the same in this role. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity and excited to roll up your sleeves. For you, no task is too big or too small.
The Operations and Communication Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will collaborate closely with all members of our small, nimble, and collaborative team.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the organization as it develops and implements an innovative and efficient grantmaking approach. This role will appeal to a self-starter who is prepared to commit their head and heart to make a tangible difference, and who is excited about learning along the way.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Board Coordination: Organize board and committee meetings (including meeting scheduling, event location, and catering).
- Internal communications: Prepare and edit board materials (with a plain language focus), take minutes, and proofread internal reports.
- General Administration: Assist team and board with a wide range of administrative duties, including office management, IT management, and travel booking.
- Finance Support: Support monthly bookkeeping reconciliation, staff expense management, and audit preparation.
- Grant Administration: Support preparation and tracking of grant agreements, and update grants management system.
- Granting Research: Assist the granting team with research and media monitoring related to the Trust’s granting areas.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field of study
- Relevant work experience in business operations, communications and/or research.
- Superior organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – with an ability to translate complex ideas into simple, concise written documents
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and multi-task in a fast-moving environment with changing priorities
- Strong team player and relationship builder who can work collaboratively with the team
- Sense of humour and a customer service orientation
How to Apply:
If you think you’d be great in this role, e-mail the following to email@example.com
- Your resume
- A cover letter that explains your interest in this position and convinces us why you are a fit for the role.
CVs without cover letters or with generic cover letters will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in this role.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.