Older Adult Case Manager - Crisis Outreach Services for Seniors - Reconnect Community Health Services
Positions Available: 1 Compensation: $47,000.000 to $61,406.00 Per Annum
Unionized Position: Yes Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Union: OPSEU L5116
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
Reporting to a clinical program manager, the Older Adult Case Manager will work as a member of the Crisis Outreach Services for Seniors (COSS) team, providing on-call mobile crisis intervention and outreach services for older adults (65+ Years) with complex health issues with a focus on addictions issues or mental illness. The COSS team provides direct in-person contact with clients within 24 to 48 hours in a community setting. The responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Screen and respond to crisis calls initiated by clients, family members, friends, health care providers, and community agencies;
- Conduct client needs and risk assessments to develop and implement a plan of care with short and long-term objectives;
- Provide short-term crisis stabilization case management services which include assessment, intensive case management, long term planning, and follow up services where appropriate;
- Refer and link clients and caregivers to a range of community services, including primary care, financial aid, assisted devices and home safety assessment resources, food banks/meals-on-wheels and social recreational programs, etc.;
- Actively take part in developing, implementing, and evaluating the Crisis Outreach Service through meetings, strategic planning and research initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree and/or Community College Diploma in social services or related field BSW or MSW, an asset;
- Minimum three years related experience in crisis support and intervention;
- Demonstrated experience supporting seniors with mental health, substance use and other complex health issues from a recovery and harm reduction approach.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Experience in mediating conflict
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated case management and referral skills; and ability to effectively link clients to supportive services
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing)
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset and preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required.
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required;
- Must be willing to participate in an on-call rotation.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization in the west end of Toronto. Our services include supports for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, October 16, 2019. Please quote "Older Adult Case Manager" in the subject line of your email.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5288
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.