Officer - Emergency Operations Centre (EOC). - Canadian Red Cross Society
Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking an Officer - Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
The Canadian Red Cross responds to emergencies across Canada and around the world. We have a commitment to deploying the right resources, at the right time to help the most vulnerable people, wherever they are. Our Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) is at the heart of the information needed at a moment’s notice when we are responding to emergencies. We rely on our EOC to make sure our people have reliable tools for communicating and have the information they need to make timely and informed decisions.
About the Canadian Red Cross (CRC): http://www.redcross.ca
What will you do
- Support emergency operations
- Collaborate with teams and projects that are changing the way we do business, and
- Evolve and optimize emergency operations in a dynamic organization
- Manage and oversee the Emergency Operations Centre’s systems, and implement new staff support tools and ensure they are well maintained and operational
- Maintain the readiness of the Emergency Operations Centre for activation with related procedures and processes
- Ensure Emergency Operations Centre personnel have access to orientation and develop new training tools to support their effectiveness during an emergency, including training exercises
- Work closely with support personnel to ensure administrative support is available as needed during a response to the Emergency Operations Centre
- Following activation of the Emergency Operations Centre, support in After Action Reviews for continuous learning and improvement
- IT focal point for systems troubleshooting involving the Emergency Operations Centre and its related systems
- Responsible for the management of information and the production and dissemination of information products, tools and services
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to capture, analyse and visualize data
- Manage key emergency IM visualization tools and data sets and maintain a schedule to ensure data is up to date
- Lead the innovation roundtable processes and support innovation testing and scaling approaches related to emergency operations
What you bring to the organisation
- Minimum post-secondary education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution
- 3-5 years of related work experience in emergency operations or IT operational support
- Skills development and facilitation experience in an adult-learning environment
- Technical skills (DAX, SQL, Python, R, PowerQuery, Macros), softwares / systems (PowerBI, SQL databases, Nvivo.)
- Knowledge of telecommunications products and services, software and applications related to emergency operations centre
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools
- High level of proficiency and accuracy in Microsoft office suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy in collecting, storing and retrieving information is essential
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data and communicate it in a coherent and concise way
- Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional working relationships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality, building relationships within and beyond emergency management
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment with multiple conflicting demands
- Committed to the Principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
You will stand out if you have
- Exceptional communication skills to share information to a variety of audiences using a range of new and reliable tools
- Strong initiative and willingness to improve operational efficiency in a flexible and changing environment
- Innovative approach to solutions, bringing in the best ideas from inside and outside the Red Cross
What we offer
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Employees Extended Healthcare and Dental plans
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): All employees are entitled to open a RRSP account through voluntary payroll deduction the first of the month following three months of continuous employment
- Travel, accommodation, medical & insurance coverage when deploying
- Pre-deployment and recurring training programs and professional development events in Canada and abroad
- Gym and shower facilities
- Conveniently located in the heart of the city of Ottawa with excellent access to public transportation, shopping, and restaurants.
- Street and indoor parking upon availability
- Modern and flexible working environment that promotes diversity and allows telecommuting.
- The majority of work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment
- May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice
- Excellent physical & mental health with the ability to complete and maintain a thorough medical screening and receive medical clearance prior to departure in the field
- Completion of mandatory online courses and in-person training as required upon selection and onboarding
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector criminal record and professional reference checks.
How to apply
If you have what we are looking for and looking to make a difference, apply HERE. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.