Office Manager - Hastings North Business Improvement Association
Hastings North Business Improvement Association (HNBIA) is a non-profit organization founded in 2001. A Business Improvement Association is a self-funded business district managed and promoted by a non-profit society. The funding is raised through a special levy agreed to by the commercial property owners and business tenants within a geographically defined business district and collected by the City of Vancouver. The HNBIA has 816 business members and commercial property owners combined.
The area is managed by a non-profit society whose Board of Directors is comprised of duly elected commercial property and business owners from within the BIA. Its purpose is to improve the economic vitality of the business area. The BIA plays an important role in business promotion, safety and security, public realm enhancement and advocacy on behalf of the membership. The overall goal of all the HNBIA’s programs is to improve the business and community environment.
We work to enhance and advocate for the commercial and light industrial areas within our boundaries.
We work towards a safe, economically thriving place to work, shop, live, and have fun through cooperative innovative programs and promotion.
The East Village is a culturally diverse business community which has a thriving small independent business sector and a productive vibrant manufacturing area supporting the City of Vancouver through service, productions, and employment.
We strive to be an attractive and inviting area to tourists as well as local and regional populations.
Office Manager Job Profile
Employer: Hastings North Business Improvement Association
Position: Office Manager
Job Type: Full time, 40 hours per week
Contact: Patricia Barnes, Executive Director
Contract: Permanent employment contract, subject to a 3 month probation
Salary: $40,000 - $43,000
Start Date: ASAP
The Hastings North Business Improvement Association is looking for a full-time office manager to facilitate the organization’s daily operations, facilitate and improve systems and assist with special events. The successful candidate will play a key role in administrative tasks, helping prepare for recurring annual events, maintaining the website directory and providing a communication channel for business members and commercial property owners.
- Answering phone calls and responding to inquiries in a timely manner
- Responding to phone/email messages/business members
- Bookkeeping/accounting (Taking care of bill payments/cheque writing)
- Preparing monthly financial statements and balance sheets for board meetings
- Minute-taking & transcription
- Production and distribution of quarterly newsletter using Adobe Suite
- Biweekly MailChimp
- Office organization and filing
- Directory of members
- Creation and Maintenance of Staff & Board Policy Manuals
- Planning/organization of meetings/ booking venues/ creating and sending invitations
- Continuously updating all membership information on our website’s online directory to ensure it is valid and best serves the needs of the member businesses.
Oversee & manage BIA programs:
- Graffiti (Graffiti Be Gone Inc)
- Community Cleanups (Mission Possible)
- Business Safety (Hastings Sunrise Community Policing Centre)
- Helping supervise interns and summer students
- Prepare Annual Report
- Other duties as may arise during the course of operations
Skills and qualifications:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sage Simply Accounting, WordPress, Email management programs (Mailchimp) and social media
- Event planning and coordination experience would be an asset
- Organized, self-directed and able to work independently on multiple tasks
- Graphic design skills would be an asset
- Ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be an asset
- Must be able to work the occasional evening and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent education and work experience.
**Cover letter required**
Application deadline: 2021-10-05
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$43,000.00 per year
All staff are required to wear masks
Please send all applications (resume and cover letter) to Patricia Barnes at email@example.com.