Office Coordinator - PACE Society
PACE is a peer-driven organization on the shared territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Səl̓ílwətaʔ (Tsleil-Waututh), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) First Nations (Vancouver, BC) that seeks to reduce the harm and isolation associated with sex work through education, support, and advocacy. We work to increase the health, safety, and empowerment of our members, by respecting their right to self-determination and supporting their self-identified needs.
We are seeking a part-time Office Coordinator to join our team! The PACE Office Coordinator will be responsible for providing general administrative coordination and support as needed. They will work in collaboration with the PACE staff team and report to the Managing Co-Executive Director. Dependent on COVID-19 public health measures, this position currently involves a combination of remote (at home) and in-person (based out of the PACE Drop-In Centre) work, but is intended to be based in-office long term.
Terms of Employment: This is a permanent part-time position that includes 24 hrs per week. Wage commensurate with qualifications and experience within a range of $24-$26/hour.
- Responsible for the day-to-day program and petty cash distribution and reconciliation;
- Performs all payroll functions using Ceridian payroll software including T4 preparation and distribution;
- Maintains personnel records related to sick days, vacation days, and stat holiday reconciliation, pay, and benefits;
- Coordinates and manages extended benefits package;
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones, and printers;
- Oversee the PACE administrative email, redirects internal inquiries as needed;
- Supports Counselling and Support staff through the creation and maintenance of database forms and processes;
- Assists with preparing audit documentation if and when required;
- Maintains donor software, updates donor lists; produces tax receipts and thank you cards;
- Supports in the development of and strengthens internal coordination, communication, and evaluation procedures;
- Assists with funder- and board-required monthly, quarterly and year-end financial and narrative reporting;
- Works closely with the Managing Co-Executive Director and PACE Bookkeeper to monitor program budgets and expenditures;
- Maintains organizational files and documents;
- Assists with drop-in space, general programming, and workplace procedures as needed.
- Lived/living experience in areas relevant to PACE membership is always prioritized (including but not limited to experience in sex work and/or as trans, non-binary, Two-Spirit, gender diverse, and/or BIPOC-identified);
- Alignment with PACE’s mandate, vision, and core values;
- Expertise and long-standing connections in and developed understanding of the sex work and/or DTES community, as well as the non-profit service delivery community;
- Good knowledge of payroll requirements, general ledger, journal entries, and bookkeeping processes within the non-profit sector;
- Proficiency with small accounting software, i.e. QuickBooks Online, as well as proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing;
- Able to develop and implement internal financial and administrative processes and procedures;
- Responsible, reliable and self-motivated individual who works well in a collaborative team environment as well as able to work on tasks independently of others;
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment;
- Exceptional ability to be non-judgmental and approachable; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in navigating, setting, and maintaining professional boundaries especially within a peer-inclusive structure;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills including collaborative relationship building, conflict resolution, and de-escalation;
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking skills; attention to detail and high degree of accuracy a must.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We will be accepting a rolling intake of applications until we find the right fit for this position, but expect to begin reviewing applications starting May 12th and encourage you to apply as soon as possible.