Office Administrator - St. Gabriel Child Care Centers
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic child care team, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for an experienced administrator for a growing and established child care centre who will be responsible for supporting the day to day operations for the centre in and administrative capacity. This includes support with communications and accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Perform administration and reception duties for the Centre which includes managing the Centre’s general email account; answering and redirecting calls; greeting visitors and accepting deliveries; photocopying; and record keeping.
- Support the Executive Director with administrative tasks such as booking appointments and preparing correspondence.
- Support the Board of Directors with administrative tasks such as tracking attendance for Board meetings and preparing correspondence.
- Perform general administrative duties for fundraising initiatives and Centre events (parent engagement evenings and the AGM).
- Support the Executive Director with record-keeping for cash flow management.
- Manage accounts receivables which includes collecting and posting payments.
- Manage the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) file and process changes, additions, and deletions, reconciling those changes with the Childcare Management Software.
- Enter, maintain, and reconcile subsidy fee amounts in the EFT file with information in the Childcare Management Software.
- Report any NSFs to Supervisors for them to address with parents and follow-up as necessary.
- Manage accounts payable and ensure timely payment of bills, including credit card bills. This involves emailing a list of credit card transactions from each site to the Supervisor to submit supporting receipts and requisitions; verifying the GL code of each transaction; and consolidating the completed expense report for all sites.
- Process employee expense reimbursements and prepare manual cheques.
- Manage bank deposits on a weekly basis.
- Complete reports for the external Bookkeeper including the credit card reconciliation report, subsidy reconciliation reports, bank deposit report, and the EFT report.
- Maintain a current parent/guardian email list for communication purposes.
- Support management in disseminating news including preparing a draft of memos/newsletters for staff (internal communication) and for families and the community (external communication).
- Support the Centre’s communication strategy which includes drafting content and preparing letters, brochures, flyers, and/or other promotional materials as directed.
- Maintain bulletin board at the St. Gabriel site and the Centre’s photo gallery.
- A Diploma or Degree in Business/Office Administration from a recognized post-secondary institution or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an administrative capacity with accounting responsibilities.
- Experience working in a childcare, camp, or related setting is considered an asset.
- Experience working with technology, specifically with the MS Office Suite of products, database systems, websites, and social media accounts.
Qualifications & Employment Conditions
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Screening Police Check which is to be resubmitted every five (5) years or at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Software, website content maintenance, and social media channels
- Personal vehicle and valid driver's license required
- Laptop, printer, copies, and other technology
Performance Competencies and Criteria
- Ability to set and meet goals evaluated through ongoing and annual supervisory feedback.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate organizational abilities to be evaluated by maintaining necessary documentation and providing reports to Executive Director.