Office Administrator - Kingsway Baptist Church
KINGSWAY BAPTIST CHURCH
The primary function is to provide administrative support and facility management for the activities of the church. As first point of contact, the Office Administrator provides the voice and face of Kingsway to the wider community.
The Office Administrator (OA) is accountable to the Church through the Pastor, Elders, Personnel Committee, Finance and Facilities This person reports to the Pastor on day-to-day operations, for guidance regarding tasks and task priorities. The OA will also provide some oversight to the Caretaker and Bookkeeper. The Pastor provides supervision and support on an ongoing basis.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Lead and execute all administrative functions of the Church Office
• Implement personnel-related administration under the direction of the Chair of the Personnel Committee and board administrative implementation under direction of the Elders Board
• Provide direction to the custodian if there are conflicting priorities for day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the church, and liaise with the Chair of Facilities on church facilities and property as required
• Provide guidance and direction to the bookkeeper when required regarding finance and accounting matters, under the direction of the Chair of Finance
• Maintenance of church website
• Assist with special service bulletins (e.g., funeral service, weddings, etc.), congregational letters, and stewardship letters as required
• Continuously improve, innovate and problem solve within the scope of the role
• Agrees with the doctrines and beliefs of Kingsway Baptist Church and CBOQ
• University/college business graduate with experience in financial accounting, HR administrative procedures, Health and Safety regulations and training procedures, and office administrative practices and procedures(minimum of one-year experience in an administrative function)
• Applicant must be eligible to permanently work in Canada.
• Our chosen candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Reference Check
• Strong computer skills, software applications, desktop publishing, social media platforms, Internet experience and a willingness to learn new systems and programs as needed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Customer service oriented – responding to emails and inquiries promptly, and work with tenants and members of the community
• A self-starter (initiate solutions and multi-task effectively) and collaborator (working with volunteer leaders and staff)
• Capable of supervising staff and volunteers as assigned
• Able to maintain confidentiality
The Office Administrator may occasionally be requested to attend workshops, seminars, or courses. Time off and expenses related to Continuing Education must be approved by the Pastor and Moderator of the Elders’ Board
SALARY RANGE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part time position consisting of 4 days per week. We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
NOTE REGARDING POSTING OF OFFICE ADMISTRATOR ROLE
ORGANIZATION Kingsway Baptist Church
CONTACT Personnel Committee
ADDRESS 41 Birchview Boulevard
Etobicoke, Ontario, M8X 1H7
PHONE (416) 239-2381