Office Administrator - Electricity Human Resources Canada
In this role, the office administrator will assist the EHRC management team in the coordination of administrative office tasks. This role is being created as part of EHRC’s COVID Response team to support the electricity industry in maintaining hiring plans during the public health crisis.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Office Administrator is responsible for:
- General administrative support for a small team of 12 colleagues;
- Coordinate small internal and external committee and board meetings and teleconferences;
- Coordinate expense claims in alignment with EHRC policy and Government of Canada Treasury Board guidelines;
- Assist in processing wage subsidy claims and applications for projects in a timely manner, according to internal processes;
- Assist with data input using Insightly CRM and Excel;
- Liaise with various EHRC partners and stakeholders to coordinate project deliverables;
- Provide recommendations to management team on project issues in an ongoing and timely fashion to streamline and improve administrative processes;
- Maintain positive customer relations and respond to minor problems and basic inquiries;
- Redirect challenging problems outside of scope to appropriate internal EHRC staff;
- Track details of stakeholder calls for marketing and communications purposes;
- Perform other duties as required and as needed in a dynamic team and work environment.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bilingualism is essential;
- University degree or college diploma preferred;
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products, data management, Internet research, etc.
- Knowledge of client relationship management systems preferred;
- Customer service orientation;
- Attention to detail required;
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
Work Environment and Compensation
- Position based in Ottawa.
- Flexible health benefits package upon completion of probation.
- Professional development and skill-building opportunities.
- Small office environment with team of 12 staff. Currently the position will be working part-time remote and part-time in-office as EHRC is in the middle of a staged re-opening.
- Very close to public transport, bike lanes, parking options, and local amenities.
- A good environment for professional growth.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications ($40,000 – $50,000).
- This is a six-month, full-time contract with the possibility of an extension.
About Electricity Human Resources Canada
Electricity is one of Canada’s essential utilities: more than 100,000 Canadians are involved in generating, transmitting and distributing it. It powers homes and businesses across the country, fuelling everything from light bulbs, cell phones and refrigerators to water treatment plants and road vehicle assembly lines.
However, in the face of changing demographics and technology, the industry’s highly-skilled workforce needs to grow and adapt. Electricity Human Resources Canada (EHRC) is an enabler, research hub, convener and active partner helping industry meet these challenges to secure Canada’s long-term electricity supply.
As a trusted source of objective research, information and tools about labour market and human resource trends, EHRC helps the Canadian electricity workforce grow and remain innovative while striving to improve the quality of service to Canadians. Above all, we provide evidence-based solutions to the human resource challenges facing the electricity industry.
EHRC is an enthusiastic, equal opportunity employer. If you are selected for an interview and require special accommodations, please let us know.
Please include your resume and cover letter to be considered for this position via CharityVillage.
We thank all candidates for applying but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.