Office/Administration Coordinator - Women's Centre of York Region
Purpose: To provide direct frontline service to the organization and clients. Administrative supports to staff and management.
To provide administrative support that enhances the efficient and effective functioning of the Team. To assist in the orientation of new staff to the Team and to act as a liaison between team members within the agency regarding administrative matters. To provide back-up coverage and work sharing as needed.
This position is an onsite position, 5 days a week from 9;00 am to 4:30 pm at our location in Newmarket Ontario.
- Performs accurately and efficiently all administrative duties in support of the effective operation of the Team. These duties will include required typing of correspondence, referrals, assessments, forms, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Inputs all data required by the internal database, Penelope, including opening, transfer, and closing of new cases.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate and up to date agency database by reviewing completed agency controls for accuracy.
- Supports team members by assisting with coordination of telephone calls in their absence and scheduling as requested.
- Distributes mail, memos, etc., ensures photocopying services are completed as requested.
- Responsible for the communication between WCYR and the community. This includes triaging all telephone call and email to the general mail box
- Provide internal and external communications and referrals to community members
- Perform general office administration duties, including opening and closing the office, maintenance of office and administrative services
- Intake all volunteer applications and refer to appropriate program or service
- Intake of clients and
- Register clients for programs and workshops in Penelope as per email, phone, Add Me and online registration requests. Follow up with client via email or telephone. Follow up with Facilitator (when necessary).
- Update/photocopy client intake packages and enter intake forms and other client information as required into Penelope (in person).
- Maintain database of client profiles, service history and statistics. Report on services monthly and as required by funders Prepares statistics.
- Contact clients in the event of cancelations or rescheduling
- Attend monthly staff meetings, training, and agency meetings as requested, take notes and enter into Penelope database.
- Attend and participate in professional development training.
- Assist with recruiting, onboarding and Penelope training of new hires.
- Assist with System Administrator Penelope and support.
- Assist program staff, administrators and support fundraising and other programs (e.g.,winter warmth, return to work Covid-19 updates) as needed if time permits.