Nurse Practitioner - LOFT Community Services
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Nurse Practitioner. Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, the NP provides direct patient care focusing on treatment planning, health promotion, maximizing patient safety and function to support seniors living at home.
Working as a clinical leader and collaborative member of the inter-professional team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions in an expanded role demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skill to formulate clinical decisions for individuals experiencing psychogeriatric issues and wellness promotion for seniors living in the community.
Working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, the NP provides direct patient care focusing on treatment planning, health promotion, maximizing patient safety and function to support seniors living at home.
*Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.*
- Contributing to the Integrated Psychogeriatric Outreach Program development.
- Participating in clinical supervision.
- Providing support to the physical, cognitive, mental health and social/recreational needs of older adults and seniors in a way that enhances their dignity and personal empowerment.
- Developing and articulating strategies for the management of recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation using information collected through assessments and collaboration with the integrated care team.
- Liaising with community agencies, other practitioners and key partners, including caregivers, to coordinate care for clients.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an Extended Class RN and a member in good standing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with vulnerable older adults and seniors with serious mental illness, cognitive, addiction and responsive behavioural challenges.
- Membership in the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario preferred.
- National certification in Gerontology Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association preferred.
- Advanced clinical knowledge of current best practices in psychogeriatric assessment and treatment planning required.
- Excellent assessment skills and demonstrated knowledge of crisis intervention skills.
- Experience in Case Management and Care Coordination preferred.
- Knowledge of social services and community resources and supports for older adults.
- Current BCLS/CPR certification required.
- An understanding of recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles and the therapeutic relationship.
- Advanced nursing assessment skills and sound knowledge of clinical interventions for geriatric population.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-driven, results oriented and capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Computer literacy and well developed problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide individual/group health teaching for residents and staff.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other members of inter-professional care teams, clients, family members and community team members.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in the workplace.
- Valid Driver’s License and Vehicle required as services will be provided across York Region and South Simcoe.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework.
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting email@example.com or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-deserving communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “NURSE PRACTITIONER” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ANY EMAILS.
CLOSING DATE: May 14, 2021