Nurse Practitioner-COVID Clinic - WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort is seeking to hire 0.4FTE Part time Contract Registered Nurse Practitioner to join COVID Clinic team!
Starts immediately till March 31, 2021. (15hrs/week)
WellFort Community Health Services is a non-profit, values based organization based in Peel.
We provide a wide variety of comprehensive care including primary care, dental, mental health and chronic disease management with a focus on illness prevention, health promotion and community development.
We work with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community. Members of the WellFort Family include:
- Bloom Clinic
- Bramalea Community Health Centre
- Diabetes Education Program
- Four Corners Health Centre
- Health n' Smiles
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive organization. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity.
Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
- Authorizing medical directives for COVID-19 testing directive and relaying results
- Ensure follow up of positive results and communication of negative results to non-insured persons
- Phone clients with positive results, assess symptoms, assess ability to isolate, impact of isolation for client, initiate referrals, provide documentation as required, provide health education
- Reconcile COVID-19 lab results
- Sign off lab results
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing required; Masters of Science in Nursing (MScN) preferred
- Council of Ontario University Program in Nursing (COUPN) Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate required.
- Current registration with the CNO as a Registered Nurse Practitioner with NP-PHC specialty certificate required
- Current membership with RNAO or NPAO and evidence of liability insurance required
- A minimum five years of nursing experience in a variety of primary care settings one of which must be community health
- Excellence in applying infection prevention and control principles
- Experience working with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing tradition health care institutions such as poverty, discrimination, mental health and substance use issues.
- An understanding of and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power dynamics that affect individual, organizational and community health.
- Excellent written communication and oral skills that meet the needs of the individual and/or community at the appropriate literacy level.
- Experience working with confidential and time sensitive documents and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently in an interdisciplinary team environment in which the skills and responsibilities of each team member are recognized and respected.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications, such as Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.wellfort.ca
Salary range: $107,013- $122,178 (prorated to 0.4FTE)
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: open until filled
Please put “NP1220” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.