Nurse Manager - Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd Centres. Hamilton, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. An opportunity currently exists at our Good Shepherd Centres – Transition Beds Program in the role of:
Good Shepherd Centres, Hamilton seeks a dynamic nurse manager committed to fostering innovation and excellence in care in a community setting. The Good Shepherd Transition Beds program provides brief-stay residential care to marginalized individuals being discharged from hospital who require ongoing medical care and case management services to support optimal recovery and re-integration into the community. We are seeking an experienced and creative leader to manage a challenging program that leverages collaboration between health and community services to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals.
The Nurse Manager will:
- Supervise a team of R.N.’s, R.P.N’s, Personal Support Workers, Peer Workers and a Case Manager;
- Develop and implement program policies and procedures that reflect best practices and support effective transitions from hospital to community for adult men and women who are vulnerable due to intersecting barriers that may include: compromised health status, homelessness/precarious housing, poverty, addiction, trauma etc.;
- Work closely with hospital discharge personnel to complete comprehensive assessments that include health, housing and social service needs and facilitate appropriate admissions to program;
- Develop a plan of care in consultation with an interdisciplinary program team to support improved health status and to facilitate timely and effective discharge to community;
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders in the health, homelessness and human services sectors to support coordinated service delivery and optimal outcomes for clients;
- Fluency in a language in addition to English an asset;
The successful candidate will have demonstrated competence in clinical nursing practice related to the care of adults experiencing homelessness, poverty, addiction and mental health challenges. Strong organizational and advocacy skills will be complemented by the ability to integrate person-centred and harm reduction strategies into all aspects of care. Proven leadership skills and the ability to teach, consult and negotiate are required. A commitment to operating within an integrated anti-racism/anti-oppression framework is essential.
Candidates must have a Degree in Nursing with current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Please reply with cover letter and resume quoting Job Posting # GSC-02-19 by October 27, 2019 to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 2265 or email@example.com .