National Content Manager - JDRF
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
We’re currently seeking a National Content Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team. This team collaborates closely with JDRF colleagues across the country and provides the marketing and communications for JDRF’s programs and events.
The National Content Manager reports to the Vice President, External Relations and will be responsible for building a brand identity and online presence for JDRF through the creation and dissemination of digital content that supports the type 1 diabetes (T1D) community in their moment of need.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Source, gather and repurpose existing content from partner organizations and affiliates that fills gaps in JDRF content
- Produce original, clear, compelling and credible content for the T1D community with a focus of online constituent resources, virtual educational events and group chats, web pages and blogs
- Use target keywords when writing search-engine copy that is optimized for search engines (SEO) while remaining informative and easy-to-understand
- Drive high engagement with constituent-facing content (e.g. more resource downloads, web views, longer time on web pages etc.)
- Track and apply analytics data to personalize and optimize content based on stakeholder journey
- Increase the size of the JDRF T1D community through access to valuable content
- Collaborate with team members to develop new ideas and work together, bringing those ideas to fruition
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust content strategy as needed
- Project management key community support activities such as monthly virtual educational events
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field and 3-5 years related experience or in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
- Solid understanding of content marketing tactics, such as SEO, digital, advertising and social media marketing
- Proven track record of creating effective content for a variety of digital platforms and for specific audiences that elicits engagement
- Creativity and the ability to write original content in plain language
- Demonstrated knowledge of common digital channels and best practices for content creation across each
- Staying abreast of current best practices in the industry and reviewing competitor websites to compare their activities with those of JDRF
- A solid understanding of how to measure content results and apply learnings to optimize future content
- Experience using content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics
- Strong skills in solving complex problems through systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time within established timelines and budgets
- Resourceful and organized with successful experience in establishing and executing long-term plans while leveraging immediate opportunities and managing short-term objectives and competing priorities
- Excellent data analysis skills and strong strategic development results-oriented skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with proven interpersonal savvy and a keen sense of diplomacy and a desire to understand challenges
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
Preferred Location: Office is located at 600-235 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, ON but flexibility on location outside of the GTA but elsewhere in Canada may be provided. All JDRF staff are currently working from home until further notice (due to Covid-19 related health precautions).
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online. This position will remain posted until filled.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.