Membership Screener (remote work opportunity) - Girl Guides of Canada, National Office
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GdC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. In Guiding, girls from 5-17 meet with girls their own age in a safe, inclusive space to explore what matters to them. GGC is where girls take the lead, put their ideas into action and jump into awesome activities – all with the support of volunteer Guiders who are committed to positively impacting their lives. We strive to ensure that girls and women from all walks of life, identities and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can fully participate.
GGC-GdC is actively searching for a Membership Screener.
Remote work arrangement available
Reporting to the Team Lead, Membership Screening, the Membership Screener will administer adult membership registration, screening and renewal practices, providing excellent service to support an exceptional membership experience. This position is part of a team that is critical to the success of growing the organization by quickly and efficiently screening new member applicants.
The Membership Screener will:
- Administer time-sensitive membership application and screening processes, including initial contact with adult volunteer inquiries, interviews, police records checks (PRC) and completion of references, and monitors screening requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to create an efficient and seamless flow as the inquiry moves from prospective to member.
- Support current member PRC renewal processes including data entry and quality control.
- Administer non-member volunteer processes, including application and police records check (PRC) support.
- Maintain confidential member and non-member volunteer records and department files, adhering to all retention guidelines.
- Produce and distribute status reports for application and screening processes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to GGC’s members and potential members in line with GGC’s customer service philosophy.
- Support mailing, emailing, faxing, filing, shredding, report preparation, data entry, advanced Microsoft document preparation and other administrative tasks that support the application and screening process.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the membership database (iMIS).
- Provide general, ongoing support to members/volunteers, responding to/directing inquiries and consulting with the appropriate groups and individuals to support the mission and vision of GGC.
You should apply if you have:
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Active listening skills, understanding how to absorb information and take appropriate action.
- Experience working with a membership database (iMIS an asset) and understanding the importance of leveraging data to present useful insights.
- Worked in the not-for-profit sector, additional asset if in a youth-serving organization or an organization focused on gender equality.
If this sounds like you, apply today! Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) by August 19, 2020.
Leisa McKenzie– Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
GGC-GdC encourages applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to contribute to our organization’s initiatives.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.