Member Support/Admin Assistant (Part Time) - ADR Institute of Canada, Inc.
ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) is a highly respected bilingual not-for-profit association providing services and benefits to over 2,000 Alternative Dispute Resolution professionals (mediators, arbitrators, etc.), our regional affiliates, corporate members and the public.
We have a small, very busy office of six staff. We seek a Member Support/Admin Assistant with the perfect blend of strong office admin skills and courteous customer service/member support skills.
The ability to understand as well as speak and write in a clear, concise and professional/business manner in English is mandatory and in French is a strong asset. This is a permanent, part-time position, with potential for the right candidate to grow into and take on increased responsibilities.
We anticipate 16-20 hours/week to start, with additional hours on an as-needed basis during "busy periods". There is likelihood for 40 hours/week at certain times of the year, especially in the Fall when we approach our annual conference in late November.
- Respond to telephone and email enquiries efficiently, using formal business communication style
- Assist members with online renewals and accessing their Member Portal
- Explain our professional designations, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements and other products and services
- Process applications for membership and professional designations, and continuing education reports, and send member, course and designations certificates
- Process CPD reports and monitor members' schedules for submission
- Admin assistance for delivery of courses, liaising with service providers, instructors and students
- Admin assistance for professional development events and meetings (communications, online registrations, materials prep, etc)
- Update websites, prepare & send email blasts
- Order fulfillment & courier liaising
- Greet visitors and provide refreshments, ensure environment and reception desk remain tidy
- Create, update and format forms, documents, information packages; research and organize information into spreadsheets, etc
- Committee support - meeting polls and calendar invitations
- Maintain online member resources area including uploading documents
- Membership and information management in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Assist with logistical preparations for Fall annual conference including: mail merges to create name badges, letters and labels; organizing information into spreadsheets; following up for speaker materials; updating forms and lists; entering information into CRM; assembling information kits; uploading documents to cloud folder; packing boxes to ship to venue; etc.
- Other programs/projects, administrative, clerical duties and Intra-team support as required
The position may also include liaising with specific speakers and organizing webinars, including setting up online registrations, materials prep, recording webinars using Zoom software, editing and posting webinars online. If you have an interest or skills in this area, please specify in your application.
- Minimum 3 years relevant administrative/office experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfortable with new technology and interested to learn
- Touch-typing (speed of minimum 45wpm)
- Must work with a high level of accuracy and a sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done right and meet deadlines (by working additional hours as may be necessary - not a "clock watcher")
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good customer service attitude
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent proofreading abilities
- Professionalism, courtesy and patience
- Mature and responsible – not needing supervision to conform to office policies and to complete tasks
- Sound analytical thinking, judgment, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- A sense of calm and confidence no matter how pressured a situation
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
MORE ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate has a first-rate customer service attitude, is self-motivated and responsible, likes to be busy and to multitask, checks work to ensure accuracy, is unafraid to ask for assistance when necessary and learns quickly. Must have exceptional communication skills, advanced computer knowledge, highly organized and detail oriented, able to maintain confidential information and work without direct supervision. This is a great opportunity to grow with the organization.
$15-19 per hour
ADRIC offers a number of benefits including a pleasant office environment and fairly flexible hours. If the position becomes permanent and minimum 32 hours/week, we can offer extended health/ dental/ vision/ hearing care, critical illness, Best Doctors, AD&D, LTD and life insurance and a bonus programme.
Reports to: Administrative Manager
Start date: Immediate
Location: Yonge & Eglinton, Toronto
Please note: the office is a fragrance-free environment
HOW TO APPLY
Important - please submit each of the following:
- Your resume;
- A PERSONALISED cover letter IN ENGLISH in Word doc format outlining how your experience and skills match this position, and your preferred work hours/schedule;
- Your salary expectations;
- And if you have French language skills, a brief paragraph (up to 100 words IN FRENCH) also indicating why you are interested in the position.
Send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org soonest and no later than September 30, 2019. Please include your name in the subject line with Member Support/Admin Assistant.
NOTE: We may begin scheduling interviews as early as the week of September 9th for ideal candidates.
We thank everyone who applies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please and thank you.
NO AGENCIES - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please visit us at ADRIC.ca