Member Services Coordinator - BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Association (BCPFFA)
The Member Services Coordinator (Coordinator) will oversee a diverse portfolio of programs and outreach supporting the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Association (BCPFFA). Reporting to the Principal Officers and/or board designate, the Coordinator will be part of the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund and will support the mandate of the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Association as a service providing organization representing BC’s 4000 professional firefighters.
This position is ideal for a highly organized, adaptable and resourceful individual who will approach the role with a detailed yet flexible attitude. Specific experience in government outreach, proposal writing and event management are essential.
The BCPFFA is a service provider for its 53 affiliates offering training and education in areas of provincial legislation, occupational health and safety, worksafe advocacy, financial assistance, bargaining, labour law, and advocacy for best practices in both public safety and fire fighter safety. The BCPFFA executive board works with several membership committees to advance their provincial agenda. The BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund is the charity of the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Association and our offices are shared within the Burn Fund Centre at 23rd and Main in Vancouver.
This role will provide the logistics, planning, budgeting and implementation of conference, event, or workshop planning for the BCPFFA working directly with the Secretary Treasurer and/or board designate, with the support of the Burn Fund team as required.
● Event planning, logistics, preparing written material and onsite execution for BCPFFA business, educational workshops and political events (in-town and out of town).
● Annual events include Legislative Conference, sponsorship receptions, and occasional training workshops. Biennial events include Convention, Fallen Fire Fighters’ Memorial, Government Fire Ops and Western Educational Conference.
● Working with the Executive Manager and Principal Officers on maintenance of file record keeping, contacts lists, appointments, bookings, scheduling and correspondence with local affiliates and government representatives.
● Working with the Finance Manager to support BCPFFA financial processing.
● Assisting with maintenance of BCPFFA public website and affiliate leaders resource websites; planning, managing and monitoring the BCPFFA’s social media channels.
● Occasional research and project tasks as required.
● Ability to support the development and implementation of major events (in person or virtual) from planning, to document preparations to on-site execution.
● Collaborative, problem-solving and strong communication skills.
● Displays strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and take initiative.
● Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
● IT proficiency in Google Workspace and MS Office.
● Preferred additional IT proficiency in MailChimp, Canva, Squarespace website application.
● Preferred experience Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and social media best practices.
● Preferred knowledge of labour relations and government affairs is an asset.
● Preferred knowledge of Quickbooks online is an asset.
● A minimum of three years experience or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
● Proven ability to develop, implement and coordinate programs and events.
● Proven ability to engage and coordinate with external stakeholders.
● Experience in a non-profit, an asset.
● Requirement to apply for/provide a Criminal Record Check on acceptance of the position.
● Available to attend and participate in off-site events and programs and occasional evening and weekend work.
● (22.5 hours / week) Flex scheduling with availability for occasional evening and/or weekend work.
● Moveup Category 3 - $36.48/hour; overtime is voluntary.
● Comprehensive benefit program
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm March 5, 2021.