Medical Office Assistant - Squamish Nation
Permanent Full-Time Position
Yúustway Health, Wellness & Recreation Services Department; North Vancouver, BC
Under the direction of the Director, the Medical Office Assistant (MOA) provides medical and administrative support to the Primary Care team, supporting the successful operation of the clinic. The incumbent is responsible for patient medical files and collection of personal and health related patient information, scheduling patients’ and prepares paperwork for patient appointments and enters into the system and follows up as required. Provides forms/paperwork to be filled out & completed by the patient. Processes patient’s documents, laboratory tests, etc & files results accordingly in patients’ files. Responsible for ensuring patient files are kept up to date for easy retrieval. Makes arrangements for patients’ scheduled tests, consultation and referrals. Performs administrative tasks and is responsible for reviewing, preparing and submitting Medical Service Plan (MSP) billings. Protects patients’ files ensuring confidentiality of clients’ personal information. The position uses superior technical knowledge to run efficient Kal’númet medical office. She/he has exceptional time management, multi-tasking, customer service skills; while operating at a high level of people interaction and must be able to respond with courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Debriefs daily or as required with Healthcare Providers i.e. GPs, Nurse Practitioner, RNs, etc.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments for patients.
- Provides quality and confidential customer service to patients.
- Performs medical clinic duties & is responsible for all clinic billings including Medical Service Plan (MSP).
- Performs general medical administrative duties.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Yúustway Health, Wellness & Recreation Services
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate or Diploma or related/relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 3 years (with Diploma) OR 5 years (with Certificate) years of directly-related experience in the majority of duties listed in job description including medical office assistant, medical record keeping, medical billing, etc.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to medical billings, patient services, electronic medical records, etc.
- Experience in a Family Practice office is an asset.
- Knowledge of Medical Service Plan (MSP) billing is an asset. If does not possess must be willing to complete training within set timeframe.
- Experience as an intermediate to advanced level user of the Internet, Microsoft Office Applications i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, EMR (eg. Oscar), Medical Electronic Records, etc.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards and Mustimuhw cEMR is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nation’s community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license class 4 or 5.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance.
- Must be able to travel to Squamish regularly, approx. 1-2 days per week as required.
- Must successfully complete vulnerable sector Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Salary: $39,995 to $47,053, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
All applications must be completed using on-line application, Please use the Chrome Browser when applying online link for all postings, at: http://www.squamish.net/jobs/
Chén̓chenstway Human Resources 336 West 4th Street, North Vancouver, BC V7M 1J1 604-985-8335
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH RELEVANT TRAINING & EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW