Marketing Specialist- Digital Projects - ALS Society of Canada
Marketing Specialist- Digital Projects
Full-Time Contract Position
Toronto, Ontario- Temporarily Remote Due to COVID-19
The ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) is looking for a Marketing Specialist to recommend and execute digital strategy on ALS Canada’s online properties and fundraising platforms. This individual will work in an organization-wide capacity in support to different areas of the organization, working across internal teams and with external vendors to increase traffic to our online properties through SEO and SEM, ensure an optimal user experience for visitors to our online properties, and maximize conversions in support of business objectives. This is a service-oriented role with a digital marketing focus (vs a technical/web development role).
What you’ll do:
- Maintain the organization’s online bilingual (English/French) properties, using a content management system to ensure content is accurate, on-brand, up-to-date and of high editorial quality
- Identifying and actioning opportunities to ensure an optimal user journey that drives conversions
- Work with internal clients and external vendors to launch and maintain campaign-related donation pages and event-specific peer-to-peer fundraising microsites, including project planning, development of content and visual assets
- Identify opportunities to optimize the user experience, increase conversions and maximize fundraising
- Create and maintain landing pages for specific programs and campaigns
- Format, test and post website content in a timely and efficient manner
- With support from external agency, lead SEO and SEM campaigns to boost traffic to web properties
- Lead the development and practical application of a web governance strategy that reflects the needs of the organization and is grounded in best practice
- Optimize monitoring and tracking abilities across platforms to provide insights and recommendations on improving the digital customer experience
- Review performance of online properties and prepare analytics reports, continually finding ways to improve on website metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Register and renew domain names and ensure optimal hosting of online properties
- Assess and resolve problems.
- Serve as a web resource and subject matter expert to staff and volunteers
A Marketing Specialist- Digital Projects is:
A resourceful self-starter who wants to be part of creating a renewed presence for the ALS Society of Canada in a collaborative, fast-paced and results-focused environment. You are someone who takes initiative while demonstrating excellent judgment and a keen awareness of how your work connects with other areas of the organization and the community at large. You are passionate about the customer experience, and you approach your work with optimizing experience every step of the way. You are flexible, comfortable in an evolving role with few precedents, adept in navigating a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, and can admirably balance a high volume of work with high-quality output. You demonstrate leadership within your area of responsibility and want to do meaningful work with an engaged community in support of a cause that requires significant awareness and support.
You have a combination of the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience with a clear demonstration of results
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g. digital marketing)
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Familiarity with applying Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) standards on web properties
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar and other tools that provide usage insights and metrics
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing SEO/SEM campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Strong English written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience with P2P fundraising platforms an asset
- French proficiency with bilingual ability, both verbal and written a strong asset
Submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio demonstrating your related work to jobs@ALS.ca. Please be sure to indicate the job title in your subject title. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer and strongly encourages people from equity-seeking groups to apply.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at email@example.com if you require accommodation.
What you’ll be part of
You’ll become part of a community of leaders who are passionate about the work they do because every day, you’ll know your work has contributed to making an impact. ALS Canada is a charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect. We work with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) through community-based support services, advocacy and investment in research toward a future without ALS.
Their world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage. Apply to join our team today!