Marketing Specialist - Content & Community - ALS Society of Canada
Marketing Specialist- Content & Community
Full-Time Permanent Position
Toronto, Ontario- Temporarily Remote Due to COVID-19
The ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our award-winning team. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for planning ALS Canada’s content strategy, creating and executing written and visual content for online and offline media, monitoring our social media channels and engaging our community on these platforms. You will use metrics and data gathered from our monitoring and analytics platforms to shape content plans and create content relevant to our audiences with a focus on awareness, advocacy, research, client services and community connection.
What you’ll do:
Content planning and development
- Develop and implement an integrated content strategy for the organization
- Create and maintain the content calendar to support the planning of external touchpoints
- Create and publish high-quality written and visual content on all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Develop reactive and time-sensitive social media content that responds to developments in the external environment
- Engage with and interview people who are part of the ALS community to develop blog posts and social media content, with a strong focus on storytelling to drive conversions
- Edit and proofread content with an eagle eye for detail
- Serve as a centralized point of contact with the organization’s translation vendor, coordinating and prioritizing translation requests as needed
Social media monitoring, engagement and measurement
- Manage multiple social media properties to drive engagement, grow and cultivate community. Due to the “always-on” nature of social media, there is an opportunity for flexibility with work schedule.
- Monitor the broader social media environment to identify relevant content sharing opportunities
- Identify and execute opportunities to enrich organic and paid digital content and increase community engagement on social media to drive website traffic.
- Track, analyze and report on social media metrics using a variety of analytics tools
- Maintain the organization’s social media guidelines
- Serve as a social media resource and subject matter expert to staff and volunteers
A Marketing Specialist- Content & Community is:
An audience-centric marketer- a resourceful self-starter who wants to be part of creating a renewed presence for the ALS Society of Canada in a collaborative, fast-paced and results-focused environment. You understand the importance of customer experience and can develop content that drives web traffic and guides visitors through a journey/funnel. You are someone who takes initiative while demonstrating excellent judgment and a keen awareness of how your work connects with other areas of the organization and the community at large. You are flexible, comfortable in an evolving role, adept in navigating a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, and can admirably balance a high volume of work with high-quality output. You want to do meaningful work with an engaged community in support of a cause that requires significant awareness and support.
You have a combination of the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience with clear demonstration of results
- Post-secondary education in a related subject area (e.g. marketing, journalism, communications)
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in social media management, including measurement and community engagement
- Proficient using image editing software (e.g. Canva, Photoshop)
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience using Google Analytics and other tracking methods
- Experience tracking content engagement and web traffic, data analysis and reporting on final metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong English written and verbal communication abilities
- French proficiency with bilingual ability, both verbal and written a strong asset
Submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio of your work to jobs@ALS.ca. Please be sure to indicate the job title in your subject title. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer and strongly encourages people from equity-seeking groups to apply.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
What you’ll be part of
You’ll become part of a community of leaders who are passionate about the work they do because every day, you’ll know your work has contributed to making an impact. ALS Canada is a charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect. We work with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) through community-based support services, advocacy and investment in research toward a future without ALS.
Their world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage. Apply to join our team today!