Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Digital Media) - The Advocates' Society
Great opportunity for a recent digital marketing grad to join our small but mighty (and very creative!) marketing team and put your digital marketing and content creation skills to work supporting the planning, development, implementation and reporting of The Advocates’ Society’s (TAS) email and social media campaigns and help us share all of the great things we do with our members.
The Advocates' Society is a not-for-profit association based in Toronto with nearly 6,000 members across Canada. Our members are law students, lawyers and judges, and our mandate is to be the voice of advocates in the justice system, supporting excellence in advocacy by delivering top-notch advocacy skills training and promoting collegiality and mentoring in the bar with a variety of social events.
The pandemic has not upended our commitment to our members and we are busier than ever. Our small but mighty (and creative!) marketing team is vital to ensuring our members and supporters are aware of our comprehensive calendar of educational programs and social events via email and social media promotions. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about digital media marketing and bring technical skills, curiosity and creativity to our team. We are proud of what we produce and look forward to having some great new energy.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Membership, is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and reporting on The Advocates’ Society’s (TAS) social media and email campaigns.
- Supports the development of the email marketing schedule for education, Practice Groups and Membership departments, in alignment with the marketing strategy, including coordinating content calendars in Google drive, building templates, setting up tagging for conversion tracking, pulling mailing lists and scheduling targeted email campaigns.
- Tracks and reports on email analytics (email and Google analytics conversion data) and program registrations vs. target.
- Coordinates TAS’ social media marketing including coordinating content calendars for various departments, supporting copywriting/content creation, tagging for conversion tracking and scheduling social media posts (organic and paid), liaising with various TAS departments to curate content, researching and designing images.
- Tracks and reports on social media analytics from various channels and Google analytics, tracking spending for paid media against budget. In addition, this responsibility may include live-tweeting at some programs and events and training other staff on social media.
- Establishes appropriate and CASL safe databases for email marketing from the membership database.
- Contributes as a member of TAS’ Marketing team, including assisting with the implementation of the marketing plan and schedule, meeting established deadlines, exploring and implementing new marketing technology solutions, etc.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Post-secondary education in Digital Marketing or Advertising
- Proficiency in graphic design for social media (Adobe Suite, Canva)
- Strong analytics and reporting skills (Google Analytics proficiency an asset) Experience with social media marketing channels including Hootesuite, Twitter, LinkedIn and facebook.
- Proficiency in Mail Chimp or other email software products.
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written skills, including copywriting, with strong attention to detail. (English required. French an asset)
- Excellent verbal communication skills. (English required. French an asset)
- Able to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels.
- Strong project management capability including managing timelines and deliverables.
- Ability to concurrently manage a variety of disparate priorities and responsibilities.
- Superior organizational ability and detail orientation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with co-workers, members, and third-party stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain a positive client service orientation.
- Highly motivated, is proactive and self-initiating.
- Ability to work flexible/off-standard hours and occasional travel will be required.
- Able to see, hear and speak.
Note - applicants must live in and have the authorization to work in Canada. While we continue to work remotely, candidates must be available to work during regular office hours (9 to 5 pm) in the Eastern Time Zone.