Marketing & Brand Specialist - ALS Society of Canada
Marketing and Brand Specialist
Full-Time Contract Position (12 Month Maternity Leave Contract)
Toronto, Ontario - Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
The ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) is looking for a Marketing and Brand Specialist to join our awarding winning team. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns for key organization events and initiatives, leading the organization’s email marketing program, and supporting the implementation of ALS Canada’s new brand. Working as part of an integrated Marketing and Public Affairs team, this dynamic position is both strategic and executional.
What you’ll do:
- Develop/execute marketing campaign plans for fundraising events, annual campaigns and other organization initiatives and report on their performance against business objectives
- Develop/design marketing assets in support of events, campaigns and other organization initiatives including email, social media, website, print, out-of-home and others
- Lead the organization’s email marketing program including development, testing and deployment of emails, reporting/analytics, maintain integrity of email lists, opt-in management, and audience segmentation, ensuring compliance with CASL
- Use photo and desktopping software to edit/produce compelling visual content
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify and support event needs including, fulfilling branded collateral development requests
- Serve as the centralized point of contact with vendors; printers, videographers, photographers, and others
- Champion, maintain and support the organization’s adoption of brand and style guidelines to ensure ALS Canada is positioned in a clear and consistent way in all communications both internally and externally
- Develop, update or customize branded templates/materials in response to organization needs
- Maintain the organization’s digital asset management platform and photo library
- Maintain a roster of photographers, videographers, graphic designers and other external suppliers who support the organization’s needs for branded assets
The Marketing & Brand Specialist is
A resourceful self-starter who wants to be part of creating a renewed presence for ALS Canada in a collaborative, fast-paced and results-focused environment. Your understanding of the customer experience and journey is at the forefront when approaching projects. You demonstrate leadership within your area of responsibility and want to do meaningful work with an engaged community supporting a cause that requires significant awareness and support.
You have a combination of the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrated experience leading marketing projects from initiation to execution and wrap up
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Experience with email marketing platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Experience leading email marketing campaigns, with familiarity of CASL and GDPR
- Understanding and experience with audience segmentation
- Strong English written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience copywriting for digital and traditional advertising in support of marketing campaigns
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience using Google Analytics and other tracking methods
- Experience tracking, analyzing and reporting on marketing campaign activity using UTMs
- Demonstrated experience writing copy for social media and engaging with an online community
- Knowledge of print production processes and experience working with print houses • Familiarity with the needs of an organization that communicates in both official languages
Submit a cover letter and resume, along with a portfolio demonstrating your design and copywriting abilities and samples of campaigns you’ve worked on, to jobs@ALS.ca. Please be sure to indicate the job title in your subject title. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer and strongly encourages people from equity-seeking groups to apply.
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation.
What you’ll be part of
You’ll become part of a community of leaders who are passionate about the work they do because every day, you’ll know your work has contributed to making an impact. ALS Canada is a charitable organization that lives its values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, resiliency and respect. We work with the ALS community to improve the lives of people affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) through community-based support services, advocacy and investment in research toward a future without ALS. Their world is challenging. The people we serve are dealing with a devastating illness. But in the midst of it, their resiliency and spirit is remarkable and moving. You will be touched by the community and will find a way to naturally and effectively engage. Apply to join our team today!