Marketing Assistant- Email and Event Marketing - The Hanen Centre
Marketing Assistant- Email and Event Marketing
The Hanen Centre
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Manager
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Founded more than 35 years ago, The Hanen Centre is a Canadian charitable organization with a global reach. Our mission is to provide parents, caregivers, early childhood educators and speech-language pathologists with the knowledge and training they need to help all preschool children develop the best possible language, social and literacy skills, including those children with or at risk of language delays and those with developmental challenges, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, including Asperger Syndrome.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Creating programs that teach parents, caregivers and educators how to promote children's language and literacy development during everyday activities
- Training speech-language pathologists and the educators in early childhood programs to lead Hanen Programs and to use Hanen's child-centred approach in their day-to-day work with families and teachers
- Being a trusted source of helpful information for professionals who support the efforts of parents and teachers in giving children the best start in life
- Developing outstanding, practical, user-friendly learning materials that are based on current research in the field
- Conducting leading-edge research on our programs
The Hanen Centre has an immediate opportunity for a Marketing Assistant. This position reports to the Sales and Marketing Manager and liaises closely with the Workshop Coordinator and the Database Consultant.
Areas of Responsibilities:
Email/Event Marketing 80%
- Under direction of the Marketing Manager and Database Consultant, help with the implementation of the full process of email marketing for our events.
- Responsible for achieving fill rate targets as set by the Marketing Manager
- Responsible for writing marketing copy, building HTML templates, identifying and targeting appropriate audiences
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on email performance statistics and making recommendations to marketing manager to optimize email performance
- Keep all stakeholders informed about event marketing results on a weekly basis and immediately notify them regarding issues that could affect achieving target goals with recommended solutions
- Conducting A/B email testing and evaluations to identify opportunities to optimize
- Under direction of Marketing Manager and Workshop Coordinator, responsible for working with external partners (Professional Associations, Universities etc) to promote and advertise events
- Under direction of Marketing Manager and Workshop Coordinator, coordinating external digital ads and email blasts to promote events
- Responsible for tracking and weekly reporting on event leads and registrant statistics (Notification List and Workshop Registrants)
- Social media marketing for events/workshops: Writing copy for social media posts, both internal and external (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database administration and analytics as relevant to workshop portfolio
- Liaise with Workshop Coordinators and Marketing Manager to assess and update workshop marketing plan as needed
- Coordinating with Workshop Sales and Logistics team to meet key performance indicators and budget targets
- Maintain a communications calendar to reflect all marketing and membership communications.
- Other duties as assigned
Social Media Coordination 20%
- Write copy for monthly social media posts and maintain a monthly social media calendar (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Work with stakeholders to promote events on social media as necessary
- Manage responses on social media by responding to comments, direct messages, reviews etc. in a timely manner
- Reach out to professional bloggers, organizations etc. with the goal of content sharing and reaching wider audiences
- Write copy for social media banners/graphics required during monthly marketing and sales campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Minimum requirement of 1-2 years’ experience in targeted email marketing
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Outlook and Excel software skills.
- Extensive CRM database experience
- Basic HTML &CSS experience
- Working knowledge of basic data analyses and Google Analytics
- Experience in writing marketing and ad copy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects, while meeting deadlines
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detaiL
- Excellent time management skills
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is July 15th, 2019.