Marketing and Events Associate - Sarah Margolius Impact
Are you passionate about social and environmental change?
A start-up based in Toronto is seeking a Contract Marketing and Events Associate. The ideal candidate is a positive, energetic self-starter looking to contribute their expertise to an ambitious, creative, entrepreneurial company.
The successful applicant will help conceptualize, design and implement digital projects and virtual events, and assist in funding proposals to foundations and sponsors. Clients include companies, non-profits, charities, artists, filmmakers, thought leaders and subject matter experts interested in achieving specific outcomes with a positive impact on people and the planet. Projects deal with such issues as climate change, nature conservation, clean tech, and waste reduction in the green building, arts and culture, entertainment and education sectors.
This is a contract role for a minimum of three months beginning April 1 through June 30, 2021. This is envisioned as 3 days a week with the likelihood of extension. Total compensation for the period will be $322 a day ($13,202 for the term) and the possibility of a performance bonus based on specific criteria.
- Education or experience in a relevant field
- Focused on getting things done; productive and independent
- Great communicator; highly organized; personable and reliable
- Enjoys working as part of a team towards a shared vision
- Strong social media and digital skills
- Be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Media production skills (WordPress, Graphic Design tools) an asset
- Event experience is a must; virtual event experience is ideal
- Sponsor management or Grant writing experience is an asset
- Work collaboratively to plan and coordinate projects and events
- Will assist in launching and managing a website and social media channels
- Keep assets organized and accessible
- Assist in setting budgets and support fundraising
- General administrative duties
This is a virtual employment opportunity. The candidate must have reliable internet.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Your CV with a cover letter
- An explanation of how your experience fits with this role
- What your best job experience was, or most successful project was (so far)
- The names of two references with their phone numbers are appreciated
Thank you to all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.