Marketing and Communications Coordinator - True Patriot Love Foundation
True Patriot Love Foundation is a national charity that is changing the lives of military members, Veterans, and their families across Canada.
The foundation provides vital funding to community-based programs across the country that assist military families and in particular the children and spouses of those who serve; support well-being during and after service; enable rehabilitation and recovery from injury; and promote re-integration into communities following service. Through these efforts, True Patriot Love has helped 30,000 military and Veteran families in need over the past decade. And there’s still so much more to do.
We are looking for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to help develop and execute compelling marketing and communications initiatives that will bring our mandate to life for donors, prospects, and Canadians at large.
As the ideal candidate, you’re a project-management superstar with experience managing marketing campaigns and communications projects, preferably in the digital space. You can juggle multiple tasks at once with ease, you have a strong understanding of digital mediums and trends, and you bring new ideas and insights to the table that will drive our organization forward. You also thrive in an ever-changing environment and will bring passion, positivity, and a high-performance mentality to the role.
- Marketing campaign execution: plan, develop and execute compelling online and offline marketing campaigns that generate awareness for the cause and drive donation revenue
- Social media management: managing True Patriot Love’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) including developing monthly content calendars and crafting compelling social media posts, engaging with followers within each platform, sourcing influencers to amplify our messaging, improving effectiveness, and providing regular reporting and analysis
- Website content development and management: managing the day to day operations of the truepatriotlove.com website, including optimizing the website experience, keeping content fresh and on-brand, and providing regular reporting on website analytics.
- CRM and donor communication: planning and execution of donor communication campaigns utilizing email marketing, social media, digital marketing and direct mail, and developing donor communication content including newsletters, events material, annual reports, etc.
- Media relations support: supporting media outreach, writing press releases, and coordinating spokespeople
Skills and requirements:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role, with experience in digital marketing, as well as email and/or direct marketing
- Experience managing and/or editing websites/webpages/microsites
- Proven understanding of all social media platforms and trends, as well as the tools used in social media metrics
- Excellent communications skills and a solid writer with the ability to convey a compelling story
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in tracking and reporting metrics
- Ability to work in a faced-paced, entrepreneurial culture and work independently to meet established goals and deadlines
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task while
having keen attention to detail
- Adaptable, highly collaborative, and positive with strong relationship-building skills
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Pardot, Raiser’s Edge, Raisin, Adobe
Creative Suite are strong assets
Fluency in French (verbal and written) and military experience is a plus.
Please note this is a 6-month contract position with the strong possibility of becoming permanent.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October
26, 2020 indicating “Marketing and Communications Coordinator” in the email subject line.
To be considered for the opportunity, candidates must answer the following three questions in their
- What is your salary expectation?
- What has been your biggest achievement in your marketing/communications career to date?
- What is it about the True Patriot Love Foundation that you are most passionate about?