Marketing and Communications Coordinator - North House
North House is dedicated to providing a spectrum of housing supports for those who are at risk or in crisis within the communities of North Durham. North House works with individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and those living on low-income to find and maintain safe and appropriate housing in North Durham Region. Reporting to the Executive Director the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is an integral role in planning and executing marketing and communications campaigns and strategies across various channels such as social media, digital, print and events. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator collaborates with cross-functional teams to implement creative marketing initiatives to reach strategic goals and to drive the North House mission.
- A minimum of three years’ experience successfully implementing marketing and communications programs combined with a three year college diploma in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of three year’s experience in photography and videography
- Experience in social media management
- Graphic design experience using Adobe suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience using WordPress, Canva and all social media platforms
- Experience in marketing, communications, or public relations, with a track record of success in promoting organizations and initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to craft engaging and persuasive content.
- A strategic thinker with a results-oriented approach and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools, social media platforms, and web content management.
- A commitment to our organization's mission and values.
- Experience working with senior colleagues, team members, Board members, community volunteers and existing/prospective participants
- A current police vulnerable sector check is required
- Strong writing, organizational, time management and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work under pressure, with multiple projects, within difficult circumstances
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent computer literacy with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle
Campaign Planning and Execution
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns across various channels, such as digital, social media, email, print, and events
- Create compelling and relevant content for marketing materials, including advertisements, social media posts, website articles, and more
- Coordinate the production of marketing collateral, ensuring alignment with brand guidelines
- Develop and deliver a steady stream of engaging, innovative, and relevant content that supports the North House mission, and drives results through Facebook, X (Twitter), Instagram, and YouTube
- Manage day-to-day cross-functional relationships to collect content and deliver an ongoing editorial calendar
- Track, analyze, and evaluate analytics to optimize the performance of all campaigns through social media
- Monitor online conversations to minimize organizational risk by preventing any social media crises, responding appropriately in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Community Engagement and Events Coordinator to promote key events and sponsors and provide on-site live coverage of events
- Produce the NorthWord podcast, including developing an interesting guest list, creating schedules, editing and posting the podcast
- Develop creative designs, content collateral, graphics and layouts for digital, print and physical displays
- Develop assets for online campaigns, promotions, emails, and presentations
- Ensure consistency with branding, visual language, and guidelines across all channels
- Photography and videography capture for creation of digital content for use on social media, fundraising, advocacy and education (responsible for concept, design, development, and production)
- Coordinate photoshoots as necessary
- Develop, film and edit the North Narratives video series
- Develop subject matter and film/edit the North House Know-How video series
- Oversee the creation of compelling content, including but not limited to newsletters, social media posts, and website updates, to promote the organization's mission and activities
- Digital Presence: Direct and advise the Executive Director of our online presence, including the organization's website and social media channels, to engage, inform, and mobilize our audience.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develop, track, and report on key performance indicators to measure the impact of our marketing and communication efforts. Conduct market research to identify trends, competitor activities, and target audience preferences
- Use research findings to identify opportunities and develop strategies to position North House as a leader in homelessness prevention
The North House main office is in Uxbridge. Office setting with occasional travel to events or meetings within the Durham Region catchment area.
Compensation and Hours
This is a full-time position with regular hours of work are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday; however, occasional evenings and weekends may be required. Salary $50-55K/year. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of all North House staff except for those with an approved medical or human rights exemption.
If you are ready to embark on this journey with us and join in on the continued growth and success of this organization, this may be the opportunity for you.