Marketing and Communications Coordinator - Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited
Youth Unlimited Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Job Title Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reports to Director of Marketing and Communications
Application Deadline Sunday, May 9, 2021
Location East Vancouver or Surrey*
Youth Unlimited (YU) in Greater Vancouver is a faith-based, grass-roots, pioneering organization, catalyzed by innovative outreach workers passionate about reaching kids on the margins. We’re about genuine relationships, without judgement, with a goal to love like Jesus loved.
A place of connection and transformation, Youth Unlimited helps young people in Greater Vancouver discover their potential. If they feel alone, marginalized, vulnerable or just need somewhere fun but safe to connect to, we are here to walk with them, help them learn life skills and support their growth as a person.
A valuable member of the marketing and communications team, the marketing and communications coordinator plays a key role helping take Youth Unlimited to the next level of visibility and partnership. Together we are dedicated to building tools and designing systems that improve the marketing and fundraising of our charity so our incredible youth workers can be appropriately resourced to reach out and support kids who are falling through the cracks.
This job might be for you if:
- You’re a story-teller. You are curious about the “why’s” and “how’s” in peoples’ stories and enjoy pulling it all together in writing.
- You love the idea that content creation and on-going management of social media accounts are part of your job.
- You are passionate about seeing youth who’d previously been handed a difficult set of circumstances, flourish.
- You want to grow in your exposure and contributions to non-profit communication.
- You’re trust-worthy and savvy. You get we are looking out for the best interest of our kids and don’t perform any activities that would jeopardize that.
- You love being part of a team but can thrive on your own as well.
- You like to find out what’s going on in the world—a chance to research is welcomed.
- You like having a role in event planning.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You can self-manage, handle a lot of varied tasks, and prioritize and organize yourself.
- You enjoy or easily accept that some office administration tasks are part of the role and help the team thrive.
- You like to connect to people to inform, inspire and learn from.
- You like project management – being the one to keep a newsletter on schedule, or coordinating teammates sounds exciting for you.
- You like analytics and measurements to understand progress.
- The opportunity to liaise and partner with a wide-range of groups from churches to businesses to other non-profits, gets you excited.
- Your faith and values align with those of Youth Unlimited.
- A post-secondary degree. Particularly of interest is communications, journalism/media, English, history, business or political science, but other degrees are welcome as well. A diploma’s in a related field would be considered as well.
- One to five years of experience working in marketing, communications or development. We are open to recent grads as well as more experienced candidates and would adapt job expectations and compensation accordingly.
- Great story-writing skills.
- A positive attitude.
- Social media management experience—YU currently uses Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, and uses Hootsuite to schedule.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills and can coordinate shifting workloads and activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, sound judgment, integrity, reliability and a team player.
- Microsoft Office applications experience—specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Outlook.
- A teachable spirit and willingness to learn.
- Access to a vehicle.
Extra awesome if you’ve got:
- Experience at a non-profit
- Social media management software experience
- Digital marketing experience
- The thought of a cold call doesn’t scare you
- Photography, videography or video editing proficiency
- Web and/or graphic design proficiency
- Any web/coding knowledge
- Marketing/finance database experience
- Experience with SEO
- The marketing office is located in East Vancouver and the head office is in Surrey. The job predominantly takes place in Vancouver, but for the right person, working predominantly in Surrey is possible.
About Youth Unlimited
Youth Unlimited has been helping young people discover their potential since 1945. Operating in nine cities across Greater Vancouver, YU provides caring relationships and developmental opportunities for vulnerable youth through relevant programs and individual connections, aimed at fostering mental, physical, social, spiritual and emotional well-being among young people in the community. Nationally, Youth Unlimited is known as YFC (Youth For Christ), is a Christian organization and cares for all youth regardless of faith, race, gender or any other trait. www.youthunlimited.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your coverletter and resume to Dean Klassen by Sunday, May 9: email@example.com
Address: #115-12975 84th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 1B3.