MARAC Co-ordinator - The Women's Centre Grey and Bruce
Position Title: MARAC Co-ordinator
Position Type: 14 hours per week – October 2020 – March 2022
Start Date: ASAP
The MARAC Co-ordinator will deliver services in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of programs, policies and procedures of The Women's Centre Grey Bruce Inc.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND SELECTED DUTIES:
- Work with a range of multi agencies to ensure that there is accurate information gathered and circulated to member agencies regarding the MARAC table cases ahead of meetings.
- Co-ordinate and organize local training sessions, meetings and events.
- Support the work of the Chair of the MARAC table in whatever way may be required.
- Develop working relationships with all member agencies.
- Work on own initiative to identify and address ‘gaps’ in membership attendance at meetings.
- Work closely with partner agencies to ensure that all relevant members are familiar with the MARAC table processes and understand their responsibilities.
- Provide signposting service advice on Domestic Abuse related issues.
- Exercise responsibilities of the position in a manner consistent with the philosophical approach and mandate of the program.
- Ensure that any information shared in the discharge of duties are in line with the MARAC Information Sharing Protocol.
- Liaise with the full range of potential referral agencies, in particular those working with marginalized populations or hard to reach groups to ensure that the needs of all victims are met.
- Participate in annual MARAC forum.
- Participate in sustainable livelihood training with evaluators.
- Conduct interviews with survivors of domestic abuse on their participation in the MARAC project.
DOCUMENTATION AND OFFICE SUPPORT:
- Assist in developing all the necessary policies and performance documentation to ensure the smooth running of the MARAC table, including the operating protocol, information sharing protocol, referral forms and research forms.
- Respond to queries, liaise with partner agencies to ensure all communication (telephone, letters, emails, face-to-face, speeches) is delivered to MARAC standards.
- Ensure that the relevant performance data is collected so that projected outputs and outcomes from MARAC table are achieved.
- Track performance data to ensure the continuous improvement of the MARAC table.
- Ensure meeting minutes are recorded and distributed, and follow up actions are taken.
- Prepare reports for external submission as required.
COMMON RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL STAFF OF THE WOMEN’S CENTRE GREY BRUCE INC:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all stakeholders
- Attend staff meetings, and staff training as required.
- Work effectively with other members of staff, volunteers and community agencies.
- Provide and accept constructive feedback on work-related issues.
- Adhere to anti-racism, anti-oppression, and feminist practices.
- Deal effectively with job-related stress including assessing personal need for time off and/or professional development.
- Perform other activities as authorized and/or requested by the Program Manager.
- Attends regular staff supervision with Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Holds a university degree or college diploma in Business Management.
- Office administration experience.
- Possess experience working within a multi-agency partnership.
- Possess an understanding of how to handle sensitive data.
- Proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, and other relevant soft wares.
- Experience in organising events, and coordinating multi agency work.
- Possess knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and an understanding of advocacy and risk assessment.
- Able to collate, analyse, and present data.
- Possess excellent time management and organisational skills including the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Committed to improving the response to domestic violence and abuse in Grey and Bruce Counties.
- Must be able to flex working hours
- Must have a valid First Aid/ CPR certification
- Must have a Valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Report
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a licensed motor vehicle with valid insurance
Rate of pay $ 24.00 - $26.00 per hour.
Hours for this position are scheduled by the Management.
This is a non-union position of The Women's Centre Grey Bruce Inc.
Persons interested in applying for this position may do so in writing by sending your cover letter and resume via email to Paula Carnakie: email@example.com ASAP.