Manager, Sponsorship & Engagement - The Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada / L'Association des facultés de médecine du Canada
As a member of the Conference team, the Manager, Sponsor and Engagement is responsible for promotion of events; building relationship with potential sponsors and exhibitors, as well as sourcing and managing sponsorship opportunities for the AFMC’s annual conference and activities.
- Manage sponsorship and stakeholder engagement related to annual conference activities;
- Proactively identify potential sponsors, engage in meetings to discuss sponsorship opportunities, negotiate sponsorship packages and work with existing sponsors;
- Develop, manage, and nurture sponsorship relationships;
- Lead creation of sponsorship packets, support materials, fulfillment of benefits, including advertising;
- Work closely with the AFMC Leadership team to recommend and develop sponsorship strategies and manage all aspects of fundraising programs;
- Support on-site and remote show services and exhibition hall logistics;
- Analyze the effectiveness of targeted sponsorships; recommend and implement changes based on findings;
- Develop, prepare, and deliver sales materials, trade show exhibits, conference appearances, and other promotional programs to drive and achieve sponsorship goals;
- Draft proposals and prepare presentations for internal and external use;
- Forecast sponsorship activity and revenue achievement by creating status reports, as required;
- Stay abreast of changes and trends in the event and sales industry, identifying and implementing best practices as necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma or equivalent in Event Management, Marketing or other related area of study;
- Three to five years of experience with demonstrated success securing and effectively managing sponsorship activities;
- Proven experience in special events management including large-scale event planning;
- Previous experience in a non-profit or charitable sector strongly preferred.
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders and audiences to build long-term relationships;
- Highly developed negotiation skills;
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and ensure outcomes are within timelines, budget and scope;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships in a team setting and build collaborative cross-functional relationships;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders;
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure, manage tight deadlines and have the flexibility to accommodate work demands;
- Flexible and capable of multi-tasking with several competing requests and changing priorities;
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and the ability to work independently;
- Keen attention to detail, strong organization and ability to learn quickly;
- Strong sense of tact, diplomacy, maturity and professionalism;
- Willing to travel occasionally and work flexible hours to meet deadlines, as required.
- Bilingual – English and French (strongly preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and occasionally required to walk or move around the office environment;
- May be asked to lift and move up to 20lbs.
- The work environment described is a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The AFMC is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and belongingness in our operations and throughout our work environments and seek to employ individuals who share a commitment to promote and practice these principles. We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, the AFMC will make appropriate accommodations available. As required, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment process to ensure your equal participation.
Applications will be accepted until June 13, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.